GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone here test drive the MK7? Would like to hear your thoughts!

Jcarollo765

Ready to race!
Don't see any threads yet, so thought I may start one here. I see everyone posting pics of the MK7.

Please share your comments here! How was it? Please go into detail b/c I can't wait to test drive it myself...

TDI110

O_o
This completely. I had the GTI/GTD for a day each respectively, and my father-in-law owns the 2.0 TDI of the 7. Interior is excellent, it actually gave me the impression that it's wider and deeper optically making it seem bigger. My only 2 beefs are: when I position the seat like I want it and take a look into my driver-side blind spot, I get far more pillar than in the 6 and the knob that controls the mirrors and windows are in awkward positions. Other than that it's a very mature interior and I like the way the brand is evolving.

This is my post from an earlier thread about the Mk7.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Don't see any threads yet, so thought I may start one here. I see everyone posting pics of the MK7.

Please share your comments here! How was it? Please go into detail b/c I can't wait to test drive it myself...

:laugh: you have a 2014 gti.. If you get the 2015 you'll take a 5-10 k bath in one year of ownership

POPSMK61

Ready to race!
Did not test drive yet, but here's one at the dealership with the Autobahn package. I noticed the sun roof is different from the MK6. It goes over the roof when open unlike the MK6's goes in the roof. Also, correct me if I'm wrong but I tried to check the rear sway bar and noticed that it does not have end links, it looks like the bars are bolted down to the Lower Control Arms or maybe I couldn't see it. Just for kicks maybe I will test drive this weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_0369.jpg
    IMG_0369.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 692

cobie56

Ready to race!
Did not test drive yet, but here's one at the dealership with the Autobahn package. I noticed the sun roof is different from the MK6. It goes over the roof when open unlike the MK6's goes in the roof. Also, correct me if I'm wrong but I tried to check the rear sway bar and noticed that it does not have end links, it looks like the bars are bolted down to the Lower Control Arms or maybe I couldn't see it. Just for kicks maybe I will test drive this weekend.

i never liked that sunroof (over the roof) design on any car... just not a clean look, imo.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

Is that at Sunnyvale VW?

Uberryan

Banned

Wow that sunroof is awful. So glad I'm sticking with my Mk6.

POPSMK61

Ready to race!
Wow that sunroof is awful. So glad I'm sticking with my Mk6.

Yeah, here's another angle of the sunroof. That thing hangs over the roof and looks like more rattle issues to come.

Attachments

• IMG_0367.jpg
    IMG_0367.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 661
  • IMG_0368.jpg
    IMG_0368.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 683

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
That moon roof is HUGE. Damn