GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thoughts? To rear headrest or not to read headrest?

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
If you have accident without them, you will have neck issues that will stay for rest of life possibly. When i was much younger prob 6 months old, our car at the time didnt came with headrests (89 renault broadway, had them as optional). We got rearended by someone prob 25 mph and since then my moms neck hurts, if she rides shotgun with me and i jerked the manual it will hurt. So id say put em back if you plan on having rear passengers

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
How much are you offering? Mine has been removed and stored away in the closet for a few months now.

how do you remove the middle one? this is the only one I would remove and the only one I cant get off

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
how do you remove the middle one? this is the only one I would remove and the only one I cant get off

Yes, that's the only one that was removed. In order to release the rod, you have raise the headrest and then stick a small "mechanical" flat tip screwdriver to push into the slot of the left base (looking at the headrest). Then the whole thing will release.

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34784

Like I mentioned before, once the headrest is removed, you can pick up a pair of plastic push-in plugs to fill the hole. I couldn't find any that will seat into the opening hole so I used super glue underneath the plugs and pressed each one onto the base.

Last edited:

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
Yes, that's the only one that was removed. In order to release the rod, you have raise the headrest and then stick a small "mechanical" flat tip screwdriver to push into the slot of the left base (looking at the headrest). Then the whole thing will release.

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34784

What I meant was I dont see the release slot on my middle one :iono:

I can remove the others easily doing this

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I had removed the back two in my mk5 and again in my mk6, then I think I put them back. I don't even think about it in the Audi tho.. I don't know, doesnt seem to bother me anymore... #gettingold

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
I removed all three as well, though I keep two of them in my hatch god forbid I have passengers in the back. Rear visibility is SO much better.

Yea passengers def need them... I sat in the back of my car with them removed and I don't even want to know what would happen in a rear end collision...

graveshb

Go Kart Champion
Yea passengers def need them... I sat in the back of my car with them removed and I don't even want to know what would happen in a rear end collision...

Agreed, thats why I keep them where I can put them back in quickly. My cousin pulled his out of his tacoma and I've ridden in the back of it quite a few times. Always makes me feel uncomfortable so I know that feeling.

I took a pic of what it looks like through my rear view mirror, nevermind the super cluttered garage or the fact that the back of my car is on ramps.

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
Agreed, thats why I keep them where I can put them back in quickly. My cousin pulled his out of his tacoma and I've ridden in the back of it quite a few times. Always makes me feel uncomfortable so I know that feeling.

I took a pic of what it looks like through my rear view mirror, nevermind the super cluttered garage or the fact that the back of my car is on ramps.

Get a broadway mirror, it makes a huge difference.