GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

QUICK question...... About FOGS!

kingcezar1992

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello guys,

Need some assistance. I have a 2013 gti..... Mk6...... I finally installed a AUTO euro switch with sensor...... Works great no issues, but I would like to know if I could change something.... During the day, with sensor knowing to leave drl on, I have led from headlights and fog on, but when it's night, the auto thing clicks on, and my headlights turn on, but my fogs won't, and I want to be able to have the headlights and fogs on at night. My switch won't allow me to pull it in auto to turn on the fogs, I have to take it out of auto for that, and that defeats the purpose of having it. So PLESSE if anyone has the ability to do that. I have vag can so I can do it.

Thank you!!!!

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
its doable on vagcom, but you can also put fogs on with DRL's on even with stock switch as far as i heard, i don't have vagcom so i don't know the coding.

kingcezar1992

Passed Driver's Ed
Need help with coding. I have fog as drl...... Just want them with headlights with auto switch. With not pulling the knob cause it won't let me.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
you can code the auto euro switch (and the regular US one too) to turn the lights on and off with ignition via vagcom. The light siwtches will only allow you to leave fogs on when shut off via this function, auto lights on the euro switch only lets you do the headlights). I forget where the option is, but it's in there.

mrhappy

Passed Driver's Ed
It's in the coding somewhere... Try to google for auto euro switch vcds or somethign similar.

Also, I have set my fog lights to come on in the direction I'm turnnig toward! I find this pretty cool...

kingcezar1992

Passed Driver's Ed
you can code the auto euro switch (and the regular US one too) to turn the lights on and off with ignition via vagcom. The light siwtches will only allow you to leave fogs on when shut off via this function, auto lights on the euro switch only lets you do the headlights). I forget where the option is, but it's in there.

I dont know if im making sense.....

basically I HAVE DRL as FOG... no issues there...

so when its in AUTO and during the day, my DRL are the fogs.

i want to LEAVE the SWITCH in AUTO.... and during the night, when the sensor knows its night and turns on the HEADLIGHTS.... i want the FOGS to be ON as well! thats my problem, the fogs wont come on during the night, UNLESS i turn the switch to headlights and pull the switch for the fogs...

i hope that makes sense, i need a vagcom mod for that.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Why is everyone so lazy now... i just pull my switch out... manual > auto.

TDI110

O_o
I don't think you can have auto+fogs, you need to turn the switch all the way to the right then pull one click out. I don't think it's a coding issue but rather the design of the switch itself. I have a Euro Golf and if I want fogs, I got to do the above. Unless you go to the parking lights and pull one click out, then your headlights are off, but fogs on...

Gunz5223

Passed Driver's Ed
DRLs are your highbeams. So you need to code your high beams separately from your fogs or else they'll stay off in low beam mode.

2012 Tornado Red GTI DSG
APR Carbonio Stg1 intake

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
OP I just installed the auto switch last night, I also want the Fog to be Auto. But so far I cant find any solution to it yet... I hope vagcom do have an option.