GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Windshield ?

ottawaP5

Ready to race!
I got my windshield changed as well and did notice the gap at the top is larger than before. It's sealed properly though, so I really don't care.

1stEuroRide

Ready to race!
The seal on my 12 GTI has no gap however that's what the gap looks like on my 12 jetta. As stated above it's still "sealed" just not as perfect as your oem

mikeleemk6

Go Kart Champion
I had safelite come out and replace mine a month ago with an aftermarket windshield and the top looked just like this. I called and complained they came out with an OEM VW glass, and are having my interior professionally cleaned due to water condensation on the inside of the car.

Gael

Passed Driver's Ed
I think I'm in the same boat.. just had mine replaced.. this gap seems huge to me.

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
^^^ This looks the same as mine. Mine has the oem glass & has never been changed.

Gael

Passed Driver's Ed
Well, that makes me feel a bit better then! I think I'll do a water test and see if it leaks at all.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Windshield replacements are my least favorite car part to get replaced, along with alignments. Neither one ever goes perfectly, and they're just a hassle in general. The car windshield is never quite the same as factory perfect once you get it replaced.

McQueen77

Banned
Just had mine replaced today. Went fine, looks great. Had one replaced on the GTI as well a few years back and it was fine. Couldn't tell any difference from before

ThatVWGuy

Ready to race!
Plaq and McQueen posting on the same thread. Haven't seen that in a while. So I know I have a GLI, not the GTI, but I had my window replaced 1.5 years ago and it looks similar to what Gael is showing above.

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
I've never had my windshield replaced but all this talk worried me so I went out to look. There IS a gap at the top, where the glass meets the roof. It's not big, the earpiece tip of my eyeglasses fits in the gap, so it's a bit over a quarter inch I'd say. But like I said, mine is original from the factory so nothing to worry about.