GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ASTRID - SCCA TT National Tour & Time Attack Build

SteveInLA

Ready to race!
I am curious if you have plans to address the holes in your front bumper. I am in the same boat and know nothing about bodywork. I bought some plastic push rivets thinking I would paint them to match, but then found I had five holes instead of the two I expected. I know it is probably low on your list but do you have a plan you can share?

Great thread, by the way. I am refreshing my 2011 CW GTI as well and you are blazing a very helpful trail.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
I knew I should have put in an LSD when I upgraded the clutch... But I already had an expensive bill on the clutch alone so I passed on it.

I love those headlights!! Those are the ones I want too. They might have to wait a little while for me though lol.

I'm trying to source a new front bumper and not exactly sure where to get one... I'm thinking of getting a Replica front bumper.

I posted on C.A.R.T's facebook page, think i'll give them a try whenever they decide to post their schedule. I know someone else that runs with them too so I think I'll have more fun with CART.

This weekend I did an oil change, spark plugs, and new PCV valve. Next weekend I plan to install a rear sway bar, clean my air intake filter and mass airflow sensor and maybeee put on my lightweight rims and summer tires. Trying to prep for autocross as much as I can!

Yeah I hear ya. LSD is definitely a high ticket item. Never hurts to shop around to see what you might be looking at $ wise.

I got quotes for body work but honestly I think my bumpers are beyond saving. I might just buy them brand new and have them painted. We'll see. I don't have much tolerance for replica body stuff. I just installed Ziza tail lights and it was a motherfker getting those to align right.

And I've been debating putting my summer tires on as well but its still a tad too cold out at night, once the temps stabilize above 45 or so I'll throw them on.

I am curious if you have plans to address the holes in your front bumper. I am in the same boat and know nothing about bodywork. I bought some plastic push rivets thinking I would paint them to match, but then found I had five holes instead of the two I expected. I know it is probably low on your list but do you have a plan you can share?

Great thread, by the way. I am refreshing my 2011 CW GTI as well and you are blazing a very helpful trail.

I am not really a body guy myself but I was told they can be filled in and painted over. But since my bumpers are in such rough shape I might start over and buy brand new F/R bumpers (the holes thankfully don't come predrilled).

Thank you for the kind words! Will continue to provide updates as they come along.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Painted the red stripes on the grille black today and got in the grams throttle body. I'll need to buy a new silicone coupler to mate the throttle body to my neuspeed throttle pipe. Thankfully nothing special about the hose... just need a 3" to a 2.5" at a 45 angle.

The turbo arrived safe and sound at SoCal on monday. Will hopefully hear from them soon.

Officially signed up for Thompson Motor Speedway with C.A.R.T. on May 5th. Fingers crossed the car will be buttoned up by then! Lime Rock is also having their autocross series starting on April 21st. Will look to attend that as well, just waiting to hear back from CART on their autocross schedule to see how many conflicts there are between the two.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Looks like they got a test and tune on April 14th with a points event on April 15th.

I'm going to try to make it to the 14th test and tune and then go to the Uconn car show on the 15th.

If all goes according to plan, I'll go to the April 29th autocross too.

Finally, car season is here!

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Big delivery today!

Everything goes in this Tuesday!

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
:eek::eek::drool::drool::clap:

zef

Drag Racing Champion

Received my ECS catch can today. Actually pretty impressed with this thing. Car is at Excelerate now, will hopefully be done either tomorrow or Friday. Apparently I had a broken manifold stud that was causing a small exhaust leak (that had been leaking for awhile)...might explain a few things lol.

I am also getting a bung welded on my cobb downpipe so I can run an Innovate wideband gauge. That'll be next once I get the tune dialed in on 93 and start experimenting with E30/40 mixes.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!

Received my ECS catch can today. Actually pretty impressed with this thing. Car is at Excelerate now, will hopefully be done either tomorrow or Friday. Apparently I had a broken manifold stud that was causing a small exhaust leak (that had been leaking for awhile)...might explain a few things lol.

I am also getting a bung welded on my cobb downpipe so I can run an Innovate wideband gauge. That'll be next once I get the tune dialed in on 93 and start experimenting with E30/40 mixes.

Where are you going to get your Ethanol?

zef

Drag Racing Champion
There's a station in Waterford and Greenwich

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Well update...somehow somewhere along the line my turbo was dropped and the outlet where the adapter sits is bent. The bend is not allowing the adapter to sit inside the ring. This is beyond demoralizing and frustrating. I'll keep yall posted on what happens next. I'm praying that they can just machine the housing to make the adapter fit.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Well there seems to be no immediate solution since XLR8 doesn't feel comfortable machining the inner ring to make the adapter fit. Darryl @ HPA said he's going to work with me on an amicable solution. I ended up buying a 2nd HPA KO4 that XLR8 had on the shelf. I will lose the ported cold side which is a real bummer, but at least I keep my ported and ceramic coated hot side.

Last edited:

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Car will be ready on Monday. Bummer that I miss the biggest car show of the year and the first autocross of the year this weekend...hopefully no more setbacks/headaches going forward

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Car will be ready on Monday. Bummer that I miss the biggest car show of the year and the first autocross of the year this weekend...hopefully no more setbacks/headaches going forward

Hope all goes well and welcome to modding cars haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Hope all goes well and welcome to modding cars haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems the more attention I pay to detail and go the extra mile it just bites me in the ass lol. I guess the reward for having it all done will be that much better