GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cylinder 4 Misfire with fuel coming out exhaust

nstewart6

I just replaced the turbo and now my GTI is showing a misfire code and running extremely rough. I tried running it with a new plug and coil and still the same code persisted. Because of the fuel, I’m left to assume it’s the injector. Has anyone had a similar issue or can let me know why their car did when an injector went out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mimog3

Passed Driver's Ed
I just replaced the turbo and now my GTI is showing a misfire code and running extremely rough. I tried running it with a new plug and coil and still the same code persisted. Because of the fuel, I’m left to assume it’s the injector. Has anyone had a similar issue or can let me know why their car did when an injector went out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same thing happened to me, Replace all 4 injectors. I was dumping raw fuel out of the exhaust and misfiring like crazy. When I took out the spark plug out of cylinder 4 i saw fuel spraying into the cylinder non stop. I don't know about where you live but i live in VA and if you look at VW Parts try to do a online order and look at different dealers, they offer discounts online, you can order online and pick up in store. I picked up new injectors for 55 a pop. They come with all the seals installed. you just need to remove the metal spacer ring and put it on the new ones.

Below is the thread i made when i had the same problem.

https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116431