GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Normal engine(?) sound?

samuryan89

Hello all, I just purchased a 2011 GTI Autobahn (automatic, 89k miles), and noticed this sort-of rattling/growling sound that happens at low RPM's (around 1k) when accelerating from a stop. Not sure if it's the engine or something else, or if it's normal. It's audible from inside the car, but I had my gf stop and go while I recorded the sound from outside the car (both hood down, and hood up), which made it easier to hear in the recording (although you still might need to crank the volume up). If anyone can confirm if this is a normal sound, or if not, what it might be, I'd greatly appreciate it!

[https://www.dropbox.com/sh/am4b1a5x...m4b1a5xjgszqbf/AAA0MXYs-hw3QlFcucMNC1dRa?dl=0)

ce4

Ready to race!
Hello all, I just purchased a 2011 GTI Autobahn (automatic, 89k miles), and noticed this sort-of rattling/growling sound that happens at low RPM's (around 1k) when accelerating from a stop. Not sure if it's the engine or something else, or if it's normal. It's audible from inside the car, but I had my gf stop and go while I recorded the sound from outside the car (both hood down, and hood up), which made it easier to hear in the recording (although you still might need to crank the volume up). If anyone can confirm if this is a normal sound, or if not, what it might be, I'd greatly appreciate it!

[https://www.dropbox.com/sh/am4b1a5x...m4b1a5xjgszqbf/AAA0MXYs-hw3QlFcucMNC1dRa?dl=0)

Pendulum Mount/Dogbone Insert? :iono:

Sounded like mine when the dogbone sheered off. But it also sounds like a an aftermarket dogbone insert (034 MS).

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
I haven't heard the word Soundaktor thrown around here in a while so I thought I'd do it without hearing the video because I'm at work. Soundaktor maybe???

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
I haven't heard the word Soundaktor thrown around here in a while so I thought I'd do it without hearing the video because I'm at work. Soundaktor maybe???

Having heard the video I too think that’s a possibility, doesn’t sound quite right for the dog bone Mount to me, although it’s a similar noise to the one I had when I fitted a dog bone insert when my other motor mounts were unknowingly very worn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Having heard the video I too think that’s a possibility, doesn’t sound quite right for the dog bone Mount to me, although it’s a similar noise to the one I had when I fitted a dog bone insert when my other motor mounts were unknowingly very worn.

It’s not a normal sound by the way!
Try to pinpoint the approximate location of the sound so as to narrow the possibilities.