GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Drumtech808's Carbon Steel Gray MKVI

Drumtech808

Ready to race!
Here's what I used to drive. I enjoyed the vehicle, but started having problems being 7 years old, so I sold it.

I picked up a 2010 VW Golf MKVI just a few weeks ago, and I gotta say, it's by far the best car I've ever driven. I'm very excited to do some work to it and make it my own

Parked at the Dealer

Sitting next to my girls 03'

On my list of things to do...

-WeatherTech Floormats/Bedliner/Rain visors (ordered!)
-Coilovers
-Wheels
-Tint

Debating on..

-Front Lip
-GTI Spoiler

Operation Low n' Slo is in affect! :happyanim:

bimmer635csi

Ready to race!
On my list of things to do...

-WeatherTech Floormats/Bedliner/Rain visors (ordered!)
-Coilovers
-Wheels
-Tint

WeatherTechs are on my "first to be ordered" list also. Must be the enormous amount of salt they use around here.

I'd be interested to know where you got them from and how well they fit. Also interested in which tint shop you use, therefore, I'll follow this thread closely.

Congrats on the new wheels!

Drumtech808

Ready to race!
WeatherTechs are on my "first to be ordered" list also. Must be the enormous amount of salt they use around here.

I'd be interested to know where you got them from and how well they fit. Also interested in which tint shop you use, therefore, I'll follow this thread closely.

Congrats on the new wheels!

thanks man! where are you located at? i'm at walled lake. i'll let you know how the weathertechs fit. i got them from www.weathertech.com for a better price than andy's auto sports and some other site. they only have it for the automatic option but by the forums and threads here, a lot of the guys use the automatic option and it fits perfectly for the manuals. weathertech will tell you that it won't fit around the clutch, but the other guys say otherwise. i'll let you know on the tint.. i just moved here from colorado last year and have no idea where a good tint shop is. i work at discount tire so i'm sure the guys at work would know. will keep you updated :thumbsup:

bimmer635csi

Ready to race!
thanks man! where are you located at? i'm at walled lake. i'll let you know how the weathertechs fit. i got them from www.weathertech.com for a better price than andy's auto sports and some other site. they only have it for the automatic option but by the forums and threads here, a lot of the guys use the automatic option and it fits perfectly for the manuals. weathertech will tell you that it won't fit around the clutch, but the other guys say otherwise. i'll let you know on the tint.. i just moved here from colorado last year and have no idea where a good tint shop is. i work at discount tire so i'm sure the guys at work would know. will keep you updated :thumbsup:

Cool. Can't wait to see how they fit. My order is DSG, so I'm not so worried about making it fit where it wasn't meant to. My research indicates that the website you show is the least cost also, so that's nice to have some confirmation about.

I'm in Livonia, not so far from Walled Lake. Actually, there's another branch of your employer walking distance from my house. Kind of ironic, huh?

Drumtech808

Ready to race!
Cool. Can't wait to see how they fit. My order is DSG, so I'm not so worried about making it fit where it wasn't meant to. My research indicates that the website you show is the least cost also, so that's nice to have some confirmation about.

I'm in Livonia, not so far from Walled Lake. Actually, there's another branch of your employer walking distance from my house. Kind of ironic, huh?

oh nice! lol which one? do you go on any meets during the summer?

bimmer635csi

Ready to race!
oh nice! lol which one? do you go on any meets during the summer?

So far, no. My car doesn't arrive until February. Back when I had my BMW, I met with a few local guys every so often. But now, the only "meets" I go to are SCCA autocrosses, and those are on hold until May due to the lovely weather we have here.

ahh yes, thank you for the clear up lol i thought it was weird that all the cars here were united grays and my window sticker said carbon steel gray lol :thumbsup:

I ordered Carbon Steel Grey, so when my car gets here, we can do a side-by-side to see the differences.

Drumtech808

Ready to race!
So far, no. My car doesn't arrive until February. Back when I had my BMW, I met with a few local guys every so often. But now, the only "meets" I go to are SCCA autocrosses, and those are on hold until May due to the lovely weather we have here.

I ordered Carbon Steel Grey, so when my car gets here, we can do a side-by-side to see the differences.

ohhh ya i heard about the autocross here. i have a few customers from work who goes regularly. it's in milford isn't it?