GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jay's Build Thread

JayP

So I figured I'd throw one of these up here since I got some pics of my car the other day. Everything that's been done to it has been seen before, but maybe this will end up being helpful to someone doing similar mods on a 2012.

I've been a GTI fan forever. My first car in high school was a 2003 Golf GL. Pretty much the cheapest one on the lot (not even an arm rest??). These 2 photos were taken November 2011, the day before I traded it in. Look at that 9 year old paint job... It's a little dirty but the paint is basically the same as it was in 02 when I bought it.

Shit muffler, and even shittier ghetto-rig install. I fucked up the original muffler and used this off of my step brother's totaled ford focus... Not trying to be Paul Walker, just poor lol.

This is the car I traded it in for. 2012 Lexus IS 250 F-Sport. At the time, I was able to get a deal on this for slightly cheaper than VW was willing to sell me the autobahn GTI that I wanted so I was tempted. It looks sexy, but I missed my VW for sure.

Literally 3 weeks later...

I got the Lexus fixed and about a year later (Feb of this year), traded it for my GTI. The local dealership was bought out by a new owner and the deal included taking the previous owners' stock, so this 2012 4dr Autobahn was sitting in the middle of the show room for $25K with 50 miles.

2012 GTI Autobahn 4dr DSG - Deep Black Pearl

Performance Mods:
1. APR Stage 2+
2. Eurojet Turboback Exhaust w/ high flow race cat
3. APR Carbonio stage 1 intake

Cosmetic Mods:
1. Front and Rear splash guard delete
2. Rear badge delete
3. OEM R LED taillights, tinted
4. Llumar FormulaOne Pinnacle series, 32% all around

Future Mods:
1. SPM ver 2 intercooler
2. 3M matte black (or dark grey) vinyl on rims
3. 3M matte black vinyl on front and rear logo, and covering red grill strips (possibly)
4. Suspension (not sure which combo yet...)
5. R side skirts
6. Possibly light coat of DHT Nightshades on the taillights to darken them more... I'm confident in my ability to get the finish perfectly glossy, just scared to risk it on $700 lights lol. Has anyone done this?

*And if I get some extra cash:
7. Chrome palm tree license plate cover with blue LEDs
8. Chrome side panel "gills"
9. whistle tips
10. exhaust flame kit
11. Chrome "accent" lining around all doors

Watching you...

View these & more in high res (12 total)
More to come...

Last edited:

StigsFatAmericanCousin

Ready to race!
Nice ride. I have a light coat of nite shades on my tails if you want to see an example. They are stock though.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

drepai

Go Kart Champion
lol nice future mods. Car looks really good so far, those side markers look like they can use some color matching.

Last edited: