GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

[Video] vs Celica GT-S (Mostly Audio, no music)

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Another real shocker, super awe inspiring defeat, by yours truly.

Wasn't my intention to race the kid, but he was revving at me (very sickly rev...very sickly :lol:) and I'm not going to back down.

Started at the light at the beginning and he was doing that rocking back and forth thing that's really terrible for your clutch, which is why I turned my music down. Thought he was going to take off as soon as we got around the corner so I stayed ready, and I almost figured he was second guessing his choice to rev at me since he wasn't punching it, but we caught a light and I guess he decided to go for it. After we punch it, fucking gay ass throttle body issue reared it's ugly head when I hit second gear, wouldn't fucking boost for what seemed like an eternity while it was happening, but didn't make much difference in the scheme of things.

You'll hear a motorcycle who decided to join in too, but he let off at around 60...not sure why, would have been a little more entertaining ;)

Dig race starts around 1:22.

Took a while before I could get him to catch up, I had to go crazy slow, but eventually a few lights later he reluctantly caught up and I just gave a bit of a half smile and V, which they returned. :thumbsup:

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
I'll say too, I don't usually like to go by cars that fast, and should have let off a little earlier than what I did. Not safe.

Also, 1:36 VVVVRRRRRRRR Vvvvrrrrr Vrrrbgurglebllrrr bhllerrrr bler bleeeeeeh :lol:

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
LOL at his revving.

Would have been sweet to have camera pointed towards him to see his face.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
LOL at his revving.

Would have been sweet to have camera pointed towards him to see his face.

It still cracks me up just thinking about it. I had my wife listen to the audio and play "Guess that car" before watching, she looks at me with a :eek:, "Sounds like a honda that's dying :lol:!"

My goal is to buy a go pro, just don't know when that's going to happen :cry:

Can you fix the boost issue with your car? 3lbs for a couple seconds is not good

I don't know what the fix is unfortunately. I'm considering doing W/M with a ported TB spacer; I've heard that when a TB spacer is put in, either the act of removing and putting the TB back in, or putting the spacer in, fixes the issue, but I've heard that about quite a few things and nothing has fixed it yet. APR has said they know what the issue is too, and that they can fix it with software, but they aren't working on the tune right now and won't really say what will fix it. :thumbdown:

dallen13

Ready to race!
Are you stock?

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Lol, you can't hear him at all after the shift into 3rd :laugh:

Man, those engines sound like crap though. My father had a late-gen MR2. Sounded awful in that, too..

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Lol, you can't hear him at all after the shift into 3rd :laugh:

Man, those engines sound like crap though. My father had a late-gen MR2. Sounded awful in that, too..

They were so pumped up when I looked over at them too, looked maybe 20 tops...I almost felt bad, but since they initiated it, that feeling quickly subsided :lol:

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
They were so pumped up when I looked over at them too, looked maybe 20 tops...I almost felt bad, but since they initiated it, that feeling quickly subsided :lol:

You realize he's laughing right now probably more than you? Yeah i raced a gti and in 2nd gear i swear i was keeping up with him...its like he was only boosting 3psi or something? My NA almost kept up with a boosted car, stupid vw. :cool:

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
You realize he's laughing right now probably more than you? Yeah i raced a gti and in 2nd gear i swear i was keeping up with him...its like he was only boosting 3psi or something? My NA almost kept up with a boosted car, stupid vw. :cool:

Oh well :lol:

He'll probably tell his friends he shut it down right then too, so technically he never lost even a length to me :bellyroll:
Silly kids ;)

XGC75

Go Kart Champion

It's fwd. The more power you put to the wheels the worse you do from a dig. :iono:

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
It's fwd. The more power you put to the wheels the worse you do from a dig. :iono:

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

He wasn't being serious - I don't think at least ;)
I had traction, I've got pilot as3s and hold traction in most of first and all of second now, just a TB issue (sticking part closed/open, w/e) that fucks my boost and holds it at close to 0 psi.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk