GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Clutch Option: KMD Tuning FSI/TSI Clutch Kit

I may consider as my RSR clutch kit is aging, 30k miles on it now (ALOT of highway) car is beaten almost daily at random times.

However, Considering the USD to EURO rates -- cost of KMD kit compared to the SACHS SMF kit is almost same. Then go into battle of difference between SMF and DMFW in our cars.

for one -- rev hang with the DMFW in my '13 GLI infuriates me at times.

thegave

Ready to race!
Thanks for info!

so the KMD Tuning OEM TT-RS pressure plate has actually been shaved down in house 'modified' to accept the correct diameter full thickness disc?

What about the folks who have ran the South Bend drop in disc with the TT-RS PP? That is OEM Thickness. Sorry to stur the pot. Just like to be educated and have good understanding of products such

Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding is the KMD clutch disc will be thicker than OEM TDI/Golf R; thus last longer.

Otherwise e.g. Hyde wouldn't be able to use his stock TTRS pp with TDI disc.

Does that mean the GTI disc is thicker than the R disc? Maybe. Not sure how it makes sense either but possibly thinner disc = less rotating mass.

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
I may consider as my RSR clutch kit is aging, 30k miles on it now (ALOT of highway) car is beaten almost daily at random times.

However, Considering the USD to EURO rates -- cost of KMD kit compared to the SACHS SMF kit is almost same. Then go into battle of difference between SMF and DMFW in our cars.

for one -- rev hang with the DMFW in my '13 GLI infuriates me at times.

so soon? 30k miles isnt a lot...are u having signs of slipping?

not sure of signs of slipping, but i think the DMFW is wearing again (brand new, replaced at same time RSR kit went in). At times, just car feels overly grabby or slight 'buck' even if i'm ginger and opting for smoothest shift possible when high revs occur. Primary in 2-3 gear. also can start to hear noise from tranny -- when i put hand on shifter it quiets down.

just me ranting a little bit. Considering this KMD option though if anything

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
not sure of signs of slipping, but i think the DMFW is wearing again (brand new, replaced at same time RSR kit went in). At times, just car feels overly grabby or slight 'buck' even if i'm ginger and opting for smoothest shift possible when high revs occur. Primary in 2-3 gear. also can start to hear noise from tranny -- when i put hand on shifter it quiets down.

just me ranting a little bit. Considering this KMD option though if anything

I may move over as well.

F23t going in soon, from there I'll know how my RSR clutch is holding up and can handle the additional power after 30k miles of daily abuse.

NOTE: unsure if this is specifically a DMFW characteristic.

I have noticed when I rev higher in 3rd or 4th gear -- say to excerate or pass someone; I have to let my RPM's drop a little bit before I 100% complete my shift (throw into gear).. otherwise, feels as if car complains and is not smooth.

when I let RPM's slightly crash and then complete my shift, its very smooth.

Kbruh

Passed Driver's Ed
I know a few of these have been installed or shipped out, does anyone have feedback or a stand alone review? Anyone else looking at purchasing this KMD SSR kit?

After reading your review and previous experiences I ordered mine about a week and a half ago. Shipped in two parts. I already received the OEM Slave cylinder and the clutch looks to be shipped directly from SBC. I am installing on the 24th along with rest of the K04 bits, with an amateur review to come by the end of the month.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
What's the difference between them?

Is the OEM clutch a double mass?

Correct, OEM clutch setup has a dual mass flywheel (DMFW) which absorbs more harmonics or noise/vibration/harshness (NVH) but at the expense of being heavier. single mass flywheels (SMFW) are a solid one piece flywheel which are lighter but have more NVH especially on deceleration. The benefit to the SMFW is that the engine can rev up or down faster due to less rotational mass/weight from the lighter SMFW.