GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R styling

Paul_Phoenix

I am a huge fan of the performance capabilities of the Golf R, but am I the only person that find the styling very boring for such a performance car.
Other then the rear the front and the mags looks very plain compared to the GTI.
What do you guys think?

rickerbr

Ready to race!
It's meant to be a q-ship. I think it's perfect.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
I love the styling!!! Very aggressive front-end. Overall, I feel that this is quite a hug step for VW.
I'm more toward the liking of subdued looking rather than the boy racer STI look.

I'm interested in the overall aspect of the vehicle... what it will truly deliver and for me VW has been spot on with the MKV and MKVI.

vw_krazy

this is one of the reasons i've always wanted a gti/R. I'm a much bigger fan of a gt type look over hood scoops and vents.

MrClean

Go Kart Champion
this is one of the reasons i've always wanted a gti/R. I'm a much bigger fan of a gt type look over hood scoops and vents.

Absolutely, that is what I like so much about VW/Audi sport edition cars. They're not overdone, and yet still have a muscular, purposeful presense about them.

Not to say I'd change the EVO or STi cars, they look good for what they are and what they represent. I just would not choose to drive one, daily.

vw_krazy

Absolutely, that is what I like so much about VW/Audi sport edition cars. They're not overdone, and yet still have a muscular, purposeful presense about them.

Not to say I'd change the EVO or STi cars, they look good for what they are and what they represent. I just would not choose to drive one, daily.

Paul_Phoenix

GTI vs R20

I too do not like the overstated looks of the subaru and prefer the restrained look of the VW, however I'm more trying to compare the styling of the Golf R with that of the Golf VI GTI. There seems to be more detailing in the front of the GTI then that of the Golf R making the GTI's styling a bit more attractive in my view.
Especially when comparing the design of the front bumpers. It just seems like the Golf R is missing a little bit flair. Have a look at the picture on the top right corner of the forum to see what I'm trying to say.

Paul_Phoenix

A picture is worth a thousand words

Have a look at the 2 attachments to see what i'm referring to.
The reason why I'm so dissapointed is because if i was to spend that kind of money on the top of the range model, i want it to look like to top of the range model.

Attachments

• rcGRCgB20KGrHqIOKjEsmuDfHOBLW4NtNFw.jpg
    rcGRCgB20KGrHqIOKjEsmuDfHOBLW4NtNFw.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 537
  • 2009-Volkswagen-Golf-VI-GTI-002.jpg
    2009-Volkswagen-Golf-VI-GTI-002.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 527

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
I don't know what it is, but the Golf R doesn't grab me as much in the White vs the Blue. The Blue knock my socks off!