GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 GTI vs 2011 WRX Subaru

rondocap

Ready to race!
So I got together with my friend, and we compared cars and did a few runs. His 2011 Subaru WRX is the sedan, and stock. It pulled really hard, felt really fast from inside the car.

The runs were all close - my GTI is DSG, stage 1 APR and full Carbonio intake. His is stock.

From 30 or so, I was able to stay ahead of him and pull very slightly.

When above starting at 40mph, he would pull ahead a bit and gain very slowly, but I'd keep up with him and I got the impression that at higher speeds I would slowly close the gap.

Overall the cars were pretty close, considering his is stock and mine is stage 1. If I had stage 2 I think I could take him a bit easier, but if he gets a tune, then I don't have a chance.

If my GTI was stock, the WRX would walk all over it too. But stage 1 puts up a good fight and stays just below even.

jaja123

Ready to race!
Yea my friends 09 wrx feels really quick even when it was stock. Now hes stage 2 with down pipe, catback and intake. I guess its the way to boost comes in and the torque it has. I mean does your stage 1 gti feel any slower than his did?. The torque delivery is quite different. If you got stage 2 you would be surprised how well your gti will keep up with a stage 1 or 2 wrx from a roll or course. A few vids I found

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr8NE6SFJOQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZRrfLUyC9M

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
Yea my friends 09 wrx feels really quick even when it was stock. Now hes stage 2 with down pipe, catback and intake. I guess its the way to boost comes in and the torque it has. I mean does your stage 1 gti feel any slower than his did?. The torque delivery is quite different. If you got stage 2 you would be surprised how well your gti will keep up with a stage 1 or 2 wrx from a roll or course. A few vids I found

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr8NE6SFJOQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZRrfLUyC9M

Well done Rondo! :thumbup:

But dang! I am impressed by those vids. :clap: Especially the first. I thought wrx's were much quicker than that. The mk6 continues to impress me everyday. I really want to do a tune on my car. It's bone stock now, but im about to do the BSH race intake, and some kind of tune. Unitronic looked powerful from that video. Obviously APR is good and probably the most popular. I've heard a lot about revo.
I'd love to keep up like that with wrx's or ms3's.

Any opinions on what tune company you think is best? Anyone? :)

rondocap

Ready to race!
Clapperhighs, I went with APR and it's been great. Gains were awesome, and the car feels really fast now even when compared to other cars I've driven.

I drive the hell out of it too, so it's pretty reliable - no issues so far in the last few thousand miles.

confuc1ous

Go Kart Champion
I ran one last night on my way back from a friends place, I'm stage 2 APR, his was what looked like a brand new WRX in boy racer blue. He came onto the highway just in front of me from doing the u-turn out of a movie theater complex. I was already doing 60-65 so I sped up a bit hoping he'd bite.

I think we ran overall for about a mile, I dont have a TBE, just a 3inch catless DP so until I hit like 4500rpms you dont really hear it open up but damn it gets loud in the high RPM's. Basically I passed him but slowed it up a bit when I passed him just to see his reaction and this motherfucker guns it, literally, you would think he downshift like 3 gears just to take off. I was in 3rd at the mid-point(4k) so I gunned it myself. I caught up with him and was head to head as i was at about 7k rpm's in 3rd, shifted into 4th and just went right for 7k again, at this point i was edging him out, then in 5th i was just pulling away and by that time we were about 100yards from the coming traffic light so thats was it...

I realized 2 things from that encounter, I need a bbk and a stage 3+ APR.

BSosa2492

Ready to race!