GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MASTER CLUTCH APPLICATION GUIDE - WHAT DO WE REALLY NEED?

MAD_GTI

Ready to race!
Stage 1 from 936 miles to 9,980 miles no slippage
Stage 2 from 10,000-18,943 ( last 1k miles slippage at WOT 3,4,5,6)

as soon as the snow clears here an install will commence. after reading this thread, I'm still not entirely sure which to go with. on to more comparing...

Is this for the old disk setup then? Meaning not the updated Exedy disk people are talking about.

Yes, my head is spinning, somebody said that......somewhere......sometime.

Just talked to Jon at SB and all of their kits are being made with the 4 spring hub, they said that they are not offering the Exedy hub yet since they wont have those for another month.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Wonder what the difference will be between the exedy hub and the current... why would they outsource it if they are currently producing them?

zelev217

Passed Driver's Ed
You can add me to the list for the FX350, I just pulled the trigger and ordered it through Clay at CTSTurbo. Great customer service I would like to add. My car is only stage 1+ with 18,000 and it's slipping. Moving onto stage 2 when the clutch is installed hopefully within the month.

FLtrooper

Go Kart Champion
My Fx-350 with SMF is now installed..

The stock unit was still fine for daily driving but at high RPM's it would slip.

K04 was added at 3k miles and stock was replaced at 8,600 miles with the FX-350.

mustache rash

Go Kart Champion
I thought I would mention that Southbend includes new flywheel bolts with their kits and clutchmasters doesn't.

I couldn't find that info anywhere and almost purchased $40 worth of bolts:thumbsup:

I thought I would mention that Southbend includes new flywheel bolts with their kits and clutchmasters doesn't.

I couldn't find that info anywhere and almost purchased $40 worth of bolts:thumbsup:

It depends on where you buy the CM kit from. CM does include pressure plate bolts with their clutch/flywheel kit, but do not include flywheel bolts.

If the CM clutch/flywheel kit is ordered from me it will include a set of 10.9 non stretch flywheel bolts, that info is even on my Vender Classified thread for the CM clutch kit. I also offer a set of ARP flywheel bolts as an option to using the 10.9 bolts.

You are more then welcome to ask any of the forum members that ordered a CM clutch/flywheel kit from me if they received flywheel bolts with their kit.

Last edited:

Dadasracecar

Ready to race!
You have the 300 and the 350 at the same torque rating.

2010 GTI 4dr autobahn, APR stg2, AWE tbe, ECS sways, Vogtland springs, SS lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HP+, Unibrace XB, SB stg 2 endurance silent, Peloquin LSD, tracked frequently.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Torque Rating at the Flywheel
FX100 - 350 ft lbs
FX250 - 390 ft lbs
FX300 - 480 ft lbs
FX350 - 480 ft lbs
FX400 - 570 ft lbs
FX450 - 635 ft lbs

http://clutchmasters.com/custom/documents/17375_PR.pdf

from mike@ringerracing

might want to add this on the front page ryan. some incorrect info circulating in here.

Updated thank you, the initial information came from CTS Turbo who provided numbers based on additional margin.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
THANK YOU! I have been traveling for work and could not complete the stats like I wanted to. This has been added to the front post. If anyone has specs for the Bully or Sachs clutches please post!

Since there is no info on the first post about Southbend:
This is the published Southbend data in lb/ft.

Stage 2

* Daily = 400
* Endurance = 450
* Drag = 520

Stage 3

* Daily = 475
* Endurance = 485
* Drag = 575

Stage 4

* Extreme = 600+

HSTuning group buy
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51834