GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hyundai i 30 N

Uberryan

Banned
looks like a mk6 golf R meets a focus ST/RS

All that hype for another 4-banger turbo? Pass.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Still doesn't look near as good as a GTI. It's a lot more SUVish looking to me. I can't say it gets me excited.

If the goal is to get people out of a GTI and into that they'll have to work on that interior a bit...I mean...look at that steering wheel. It's so round.

red_stapler

Ready to race!
It's certainly a better effort than the Forte SX which shares that platform.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
i am disappoint very last line of article.

"Unfortunately, the i30 N isn't coming to the US, so American's still have to choose a GTI."

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
i mean if were talking stuff we cant get, id trade in for a polo R in about 1 fuckin second

SyDiko

Ready to race!
The article's author wrote,

All in all, this new Hyundai might just give Golf GTI fans something to think about, at least in terms of value for money.

LOL, no it won't.

This same thing was said for the lackluster Genesis 2.0T/3.8NA versus established RWD vehicles and that's now discontinued.

I'd love for Hyundai to get into the sports car scene, but they always cut too many corners by trying to cheaply regurgitate what every other car manufacturer is doing. Not only that, but we already have 8 competitive hot hatches in the US, and over in Europe they have like 15. In my opinion, Hyundai could easily take their established 1.6L T-GDi Gamma engine and hop into the roadster market in the US, which just has the Madza Miata, BRZ/86, and 4C.

looks like a mk6 golf R meets a focus ST/RS

With a splash of MS3 for length.

Last edited: