GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Try to get VW to reimburse now for timing chain & tensioner or wait til suit settles?

gti2015

Passed Driver's Ed
Try to get VW to reimburse now for timing chain & tensioner or wait til suit settles?

Just wondering what the best way to get reimbursed for my timing chain and tensioner would be - should I submit a claim now to VWNA, or wait until this lawsuit is completely settled?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I read this week a website is supposed to be up by the end of august. When it's up I guess you should be able to find it by googling 'timing chain litigation'

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Someone mentioned it on the mk6 drivers group on facebook.

SyDiko

Ready to race!
Well, I think it depends on your situation.

If it's a daily driver, you may want to front the bill now and have an authorized VW dealer do it. If you're within the 100k period, you'll be reimbursed a percentage amount... However, who knows how long the reimbursement will take.

I'm hoping they issue a recall for those of us that haven't replaced ours yet. I'm in an awkward place, my GTI isn't a daily, I'm terrified to drive it, and I know I need to have it replaced lol.

Also keep an eye on this thread, https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47128&highlight=lawsuit

Last edited: