GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P052A code

GtiDom25

Passed Driver's Ed
Mk6 gti, just under 54,000 miles and I just started my car for the 3rd time today (was fine before just now) and the cold start idle was really rough, turned off the engine and plugged in code reader. Got the P052A code for cam shaft.. what should I do? Try to limp it to a shop tomorrow? Get it towed?faulty sensor? Send helppp??

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Mk6 gti, just under 54,000 miles and I just started my car for the 3rd time today (was fine before just now) and the cold start idle was really rough, turned off the engine and plugged in code reader. Got the P052A code for cam shaft.. what should I do? Try to limp it to a shop tomorrow? Get it towed?faulty sensor? Send helppp[emoji22][emoji22]
Tow it. I wouldn't start it with timing faults let the shop do that. At worst you pay them an hour or two to replace a sensor at best you save ur engine.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

GtiDom25

Passed Driver's Ed
Tow it. I wouldn't start it with timing faults let the shop do that. At worst you pay them an hour or two to replace a sensor at best you save ur engine.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
Also should mention I have full oil in my car. Not running low, didnt even have a check engine light pop up on the dash. Couple guys I know from Eastern Europe run a german car shop around my area. He told me I could drive it over in the morning and it should be fine. They're pretty legit but still scares me. When I started it, was just a really rough idle, almost as if a I was misfiring. Coil packs and spark plugs are brand new though.