GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes / Chassis | Sponsored by The Tire Rack

The Tire Rack
Welcome to the Wheels and Tires section of GolfMK6. This area is proudly sponsored by The Tire Rack.

If you are making a purchase from TireRack, please help support GolfMK6 by clicking through to them with this link or clicking on the Tire Rack banner ad. Doing so helps give back to GOLFMK6 so we can keep this place running!

Old 02-26-2018, 11:42 PM   #1
HetfieldInc
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: Black 2013 Drivers Edition
New suspension options

I'm looking to upgrade my stock suspension to something with better handling and to get rid of the fender gap. Ive done research and searched here, google, vortex, and any where else I could find info. I'm looking for a little input to help me make a decision.

Ive got a few options that I'm looking at. My first choice is the Bilstein PSS coilover kit, unfortunately they've been backordered for quite sometime now and nobody knows when or if they'll be available again. https://www.ecstuning.com/b-bilstein...47-158283~bil/

I also looked at the KW V1 coilovers which are a little more than I would like to spend but its doable. https://www.ecstuning.com/b-kw-suspe...it/10281031~a/

The guy I spoke to at USP Motorsports which is my nearest shop, told me to check out ST coilovers. I guess KW is their parent company and these are very similar quality wise. https://www.ecstuning.com/b-suspensi...ng/90892~st50/

Or the other route I was looking at would be to get Koni sport yellow shocks and struts, and pair them with H&R sport springs.

The car is a daily driver, so far its never been to the track and I'm not sure it will be taken there anytime soon. So would the coilovers be overkill? Drop wise I'd like about 1 1/2 finger gap between the wheels and my fenders. I don't want to rub at all, and I don't want to tuck. The roads in south Florida are pretty decent compared to southern Cali where i grew up but Id really like to avoid any rubbing issues.
APR Stage 2 v2.4 // APR tcu tune // APR Cast downpipe // Neuspeed non resonated SS catback // APR Carbonio Intake // R8 Coilpacks // Spulen dogbone insert // Smoked side markers // OEM Cherry Red Euro Tail Lights
HetfieldInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 11:44 PM   #2
HetfieldInc
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: Black 2013 Drivers Edition
Also i was thinking of getting spacers to get the wheels flush. Ive got OEM Lagunas and was looking at 10 and 15mm spacers. With either of those suspension setups would rubbing be an issue?

Has anybody used Spulen wheel spacers and can speak to their quality? Its USP's in house brand. Other than that I was looking at H&R spacers or ECS. I want to avoid any vibration issues. Side question: are OEM Lagunas conical or ball seat?

and are there any other options that i may have missed? Someone from ECS tuning just told me about BC coilovers. I really don't know anything about them quality or performance wise so any input would be great.
APR Stage 2 v2.4 // APR tcu tune // APR Cast downpipe // Neuspeed non resonated SS catback // APR Carbonio Intake // R8 Coilpacks // Spulen dogbone insert // Smoked side markers // OEM Cherry Red Euro Tail Lights

Last edited by HetfieldInc; 02-26-2018 at 11:49 PM. Reason: spelling
HetfieldInc is offline   Reply With Quote