GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 Bentley manual?

ILuvLamp

Ready to race!
Does any one know if there are any service manual or repair books out for the MK6 2.L yet? I have been able to find any.

mlody91

Ready to race!
I've never heard of Bentley but I picked up a Chilton Repair Manual at my local O'Reilly shop for $25.
It's a pretty good manual even though it's not specific to the GTI (includes mk5 jettas and such).

GoliathRage

Go Kart Champion
Does any one know if there are any service manual or repair books out for the MK6 2.L yet? I have been able to find any.

There is a Bentley manual for our cars. When I get home I'll take a picture of the manual and show you. Also remember, the mk5 rabbit and mk5 jetta has the same chassis and suspension components as the mk6.

ILuvLamp

Ready to race!
I had the Bentley manual for my B5 passat too, and it covered every aspect of the car from engine to body work. I know I can pick up a manual for the MK5, but there are small difference between the two platforms that might come up when working on the MK6.

GoliathRage

Go Kart Champion
I had the Bentley manual for my B5 passat too, and it covered every aspect of the car from engine to body work. I know I can pick up a manual for the MK5, but there are small difference between the two platforms that might come up when working on the MK6.

For all of the work I have done, the mk5 Bentley manual has been fine. I've installed coilovers, new rotors, pads, a wheel bearing and done oil changes without any issues.

ILuvLamp

Ready to race!
I might grab one for the MK5. Knowing my luck one for the MK6 will come out in a few weeks later.

eyedeas

Ready to race!
I too will be interested in a Bentley Manual.

For everyone out there that has never used, seen, heard of, enjoyed, learned from, or encountered a Bentley, it is hands down the best mother fucking manual ever.

GoliathRage

Go Kart Champion

For everyone out there that has never used, seen, heard of, enjoyed, learned from, or encountered a Bentley, it is hands down the best mother fucking manual ever.

I completely agree. If you are doing any kind of DIY work, it is the best manual to have! It tells you steps on how to do almost everything and gives torque specs to all bolts. It's great.

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion

this. it's like the one manual that you WANT to read.

itll tell you how to remove every single bolt, screw, nut, and flange on the car.

heck if you buy every single part in that book you can BUILD yourself a VW lmao

ILuvLamp

Ready to race!
So I guess we're all in agreement, we riot until Bentley publishes a service manaul for the mk6. It's just that simple.

Johnny Two Tone

Ready to race!
There is most certainly going to be differences in steps between certain tasks for an MKV and MKVI. For example, for 2012 and up VW started welding the outer door skins to the door frame. So, any manual for any Golf before that year will tell you how to do door skin stuff with the steps that include the process of unbolting to remove the outer skin - which doesn't help you in any way with your 2012+. Hell, so far most of the fooling around that I've done with my car has involved the doors in some way making any manual out there useless to me, in that regard.

Johnny Two Tone

Ready to race!
Its been a few months but... Any recent updates on this?

This thread here is about petitioning for a Bentley MKVI manual.

As for Haynes manuals, they will not be publishing any more MKVI manuals. They have the 2011 out, but now that the MKVII is out-ish there's no reason for Haynes to bother with manuals for a couple of extra years of car that are almost identical to the 2011.