GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Flashing your 2.5.

I have a hard time justifying near $800 for only 11 hp. Now if we could get the same 40-50 hp like the turbo guys get I'd do it tomorrow but that's not gonna happen with our normally aspirated 2.5s.

well you could wait for c2 to release the ecu for your car and put 500$ more and get the sri-ecu combo and have 40 to 50 whp gain on your car.

This is what united motorsport got with ECU-SRI-cone filter. everything else stock. ;)

boobieVW

Ready to race!
we got the 2.5l for a reason...obviously its not a GTI so no need to say "might as well get a GTI"

and the SRI looks like one good investment to gain some power

GolfingMK6

Ready to race!
Just to clarify. Ive been talking with an autorized Unitronic dealer. For my 2011 2.5 Its $450 for stage 1+, and an additional $50 because my particular ECU has to be split open to do the flash. If you look at the price of catback alone, this is cheaper, and also does a lot more than give you sound and a couple of ponies. Just thought id share for anyone else looking for concrete answers on cost.

Just to clarify. Ive been talking with an autorized Unitronic dealer. For my 2011 2.5 Its $450 for stage 1+, and an additional $50 because my particular ECU has to be split open to do the flash. If you look at the price of catback alone, this is cheaper, and also does a lot more than give you sound and a couple of ponies. Just thought id share for anyone else looking for concrete answers on cost.

so then Unitronic is 500$. I guess it depends the dealer where you go.

I read on vortex that the C2 stage 1 is ready for the 09+ 2.5

C2 charges 300$ regular for the flash. I'd rather wait and save 200$ and get a better flash. Most people prefer the C2 flash on the rabbits too.

another good thing with C2 is that you can choose between 87, 91 or 93 octane software.

isons429

Ready to race!
so then Unitronic is 500$. I guess it depends the dealer where you go.

I read on vortex that the C2 stage 1 is ready for the 09+ 2.5

C2 charges 300$ regular for the flash. I'd rather wait and save 200$ and get a better flash. Most people prefer the C2 flash on the rabbits too.

another good thing with C2 is that you can choose between 87, 91 or 93 octane software.

Just to clarify further, I posted all of the prices for Unitronic's tunes on the first page of this thread...

Just to clarify further, I posted all of the prices for Unitronic's tunes on the first page of this thread...

yes I saw that, but from what I understood each dealer can charge different amount for the handling of the ecu. Is that so?

either way C2 is still much cheaper...

OttoBahn1

Ready to race!

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
We offer both 91 and 93 octane software for the 2.5L. 87 octane is not a fuel grade that is effective for use with performance software and there really is no benefit to running performance software when using 87 octane. The fuel is so poor that the ECU will detect knock and retard timing to levels that are not performance oriented at all.

yes I saw that, but from what I understood each dealer can charge different amount for the handling of the ecu. Is that so?

Labor charges are at our Authorized Dealer's discretion. Some choose to charge labor, others don't.

We are also running a Holiday Promotion for $50 off most Software Files until Jan. 15, 2012. The promotion is valid through any of our Authorized Dealers!