GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Flashed ECU

Fiveflat

Ready to race!
From what I understand you'll be hard pressed to squeeze another 30 out of it unless you force a little air.

ChiGuyGolf2.5

Ready to race!
Nobody can answer this question except for yourself. If you are okay with a max of 24hp in gains for about $450-$550 then its worth it! If you are hesitant to spend that kind of money, then its probably not worth it to you.

Seriously though, I think its worth it. I mean, I spend $100 at the bar on a Saturday night anyway, all I have to do is stop drinking for a couple of months and I just bought myself years of fun.

The 24hp is assuming you have a CAI, and Exhaust and go stage 2. I dont know about buying myself exhaust just yet, so I may just get Stage 1+ for myself. Not sure yet.

ChiGuyGolf2.5

Ready to race!
Is it worth to ecu an automatic

An automatic can only redline at 6200RPM. The redline when your tuned gets increased to 7000RPM. So essentially your losing out on that extra bit of power if you had a manual car. As I mentioned, it may or may not be worth it to you to tune.

Eventually they may released a tranny tune, in which case you could override the 6200RPM shift and get the added power from a 7000RPM redline. Until then though, you are stuck.

jaja123

Ready to race!
stage 2 also needs a high flow cat or no cat. and 24hp is as you said is probably the combined power gain with a full exhaust, intake and tune.