GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HPFP or FMIC

Shmidie

So i have a 2012 Golf R bought it staged 2, but feeling the need to do more to it. was wondering if its worth getting the high pessure fuel pump of intercooler. and if anyone has done it and what kinda power they got from it. thanks

rupertpupkin

Ready to race!
What brand stage 2? if APR it will already have the upgraded HPFP. Uni stage 2 is the only one i know of that did not require a HPFP.

If it already has a pump get the intercooler. But clutch is in your near future. Stock clutch doesn't hold much torque.

So i have a 2012 Golf R bought it staged 2, but feeling the need to do more to it. was wondering if its worth getting the high pessure fuel pump of intercooler. and if anyone has done it and what kinda power they got from it. thanks

vizzlebizzle

Passed Driver's Ed
APR offers stage 2 without the HPFP (with would be 2+), i'm actually having that flashed today. i'm not sure why they don't list it within their power charts.

anyway, the HPFP will make a noticeable difference in power. intercooler you probably won't notice much, maybe slightly improved throttle response but it's more for cooling purposes. beneficial if you're in a warmer climate

Labbatt33

Ready to race!
Fuel pump then intercooler. I went the IE internal route for the HPFP. I liked how it keeps the factory spring and so far its been pretty gentle on my cam follower.

Bozz

Go Kart Champion
APR offers stage 2 without the HPFP (with would be 2+), i'm actually having that flashed today. i'm not sure why they don't list it within their power charts.

Man are you sure about that? You're not talking UM are you?

If so, that's the first I've heard about APR having that, and I have researched this stuff for 3 years. Of course if APR offers that for the Golf R, and don't put it on their website, that may be why I don't know about it.

I think APR Stage 2 is only for the GTI. On the Golf R with APR, you go 1, 1+, or 2+. no 2. Most importantly, make sure they don't give you the GTI tune.

vizzlebizzle

Passed Driver's Ed
Man are you sure about that? You're not talking UM are you?

If so, that's the first I've heard about APR having that, and I have researched this stuff for 3 years. Of course if APR offers that for the Golf R, and don't put it on their website, that may be why I don't know about it.

I think APR Stage 2 is only for the GTI. On the Golf R with APR, you go 1, 1+, or 2+. no 2. Most importantly, make sure they don't give you the GTI tune.

I'm 1000000% sure of what software I have on my car. I'll even supply you with my sheet from the Audi dealership when they flashed it last week.

and for fun, i called APR. they don't post the charts because it's a "minimal gain, maybe 15whp" said the person that i spoke to.

Last edited: