GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR K04 v3.1 91oct logs (3rd gear pulls)

steve9842015

Passed Driver's Ed
My first attempt at logging today. Anyone want to look over them and make sure everything looks good? Still learning and not entirely sure I'm catching anything that should be a red flag or not. Realized I also might need to just get the hex-can over the micro for the turbo logging feature.

I screwed up the first log, didn't realize until after I got home. Unfortunately have to do 3rd gear pulls around here, but what are the advantages of a 4th gear pull? Here are the raw logs, attached are a few graphs I made real quick.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/liujfdixvdb4xsq/AAAHi8J8H4XpSAEOH-bqmo3Wa?dl=0

Somewhat unrelated, I've been noticing almost a dog whistle-like sound lately. Bit hard to hear in the video, but it's mostly heard right around 5 vacuum-10psi, then gets drowned out/disappears in higher rpms.

https://vimeo.com/161199669

I'm thinking it's the diverter valve, as it's becoming more and more pronounced lately. I have a rev D valve, but it came apart completely when I did the K04 swap and maybe it's just not the same after putting it back together? I'll have to pick up another valve soon and see if that whistle is still present. Haven't been able to find any other leaks.

Attachments

• april 2nd boost chart.PNG
    april 2nd boost chart.PNG
    21.6 KB · Views: 265
  • Timing.PNG
    Timing.PNG
    22 KB · Views: 256
  • MAF.PNG
    MAF.PNG
    13 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:

FriggenT1

Banned
My first attempt at logging today. Anyone want to look over them and make sure everything looks good? Still learning and not entirely sure I'm catching anything that should be a red flag or not. Realized I also might need to just get the hex-can over the micro for the turbo logging feature.

I screwed up the first log, didn't realize until after I got home. Unfortunately have to do 3rd gear pulls around here, but what are the advantages of a 4th gear pull? Here are the raw logs, attached are a few graphs I made real quick.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/liujfdixvdb4xsq/AAAHi8J8H4XpSAEOH-bqmo3Wa?dl=0

Somewhat unrelated, I've been noticing almost a dog whistle-like sound lately. Bit hard to hear in the video, but it's mostly heard right around 5 vacuum-10psi, then gets drowned out/disappears in higher rpms.

https://vimeo.com/161199669

I'm thinking it's the diverter valve, as it's becoming more and more pronounced lately. I have a rev D valve, but it came apart completely when I did the K04 swap and maybe it's just not the same after putting it back together? I'll have to pick up another valve soon and see if that whistle is still present. Haven't been able to find any other leaks.

I've had 2 rev D valves and quite honestly, I still think they are cheap. Oil gets down the turbo from the pcv and it seems to kill the DVs, I've gone through 2 within a year. I now actually have a rev C believe it or not, but it's holding for now. After it goes I'm going to do a synchronic dv relocate I think.

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
Logs actually look pretty solid. I wouldn't be concerned about anything. If you want to complete the logging sequence; Log requested and actual lambda along with injection timing. I'm sure it'll be fine, but those are very important blocks to log.

I would do a 4th gear log if you are able to.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
What you posted looks good. 4th gear runs are preferrable because you put the turbo under load. In 3rd gear you can run right through to read ine so quickly you don't really get a chance to put it under any real load. If you have an uphill stretch you can do your 3rd gear runs that will help. Best reading will be done in 4th though.

steve9842015

Passed Driver's Ed
Very nice maf read, that intake is doing good!
That N75 looks a bit funny, no?

Yeah I was a bit confused by that. I've seen a lot of other v3.1 boost graphs on here and their N75 duty cycle usually climbs right back around 90%+ after it opens to prevent overboost.

What would be the cause of this?

sean@apr

Ready to race!
Yeah I was a bit confused by that. I've seen a lot of other v3.1 boost graphs on here and their N75 duty cycle usually climbs right back around 90%+ after it opens to prevent overboost.

What would be the cause of this?

You're hitting the boost target. Probably due to cool,dense, low elevation air. Try it again when it's 100 degrees and you'll see more duty cycle to hit (or maybe not hit) the target.

steve9842015

Passed Driver's Ed
You're hitting the boost target. Probably due to cool,dense, low elevation air. Try it again when it's 100 degrees and you'll see more duty cycle to hit (or maybe not hit) the target.

Got it. Thanks for the responses everyone! still have a lot to learn going forward, but the community here has been great.