GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

james9120

Go Kart Champion
Has anybody found a solution to keeping the same PSI in different temperature situations? It's getting tiresome having to adjust everyday based on temperature changes

12bluemk6

Ready to race!
Has anybody found a solution to keeping the same PSI in different temperature situations? It's getting tiresome having to adjust everyday based on temperature changes
Why would you adjust it for cold weather? Cold=dense air= less PSI. You don't have to adjust it to compensate you should be putting down the same power if not more when it's colder...

Uni Stage 2 | SPM DP | Magnaflow CB | S3 IC | 034 Mounts | HPA Red Puck | FX350 Kit | BSH Intake | Rev D DV | DG SS

12bluemk6

Ready to race!
Because I like to push fueling to its limits and the denser air of a cold night vs the hot air of the day screws that up
So what you're saying is it supplies more or less fuel in cold or hot weather? I'm confused. Would it deliver less fuel due to a denser air charge? I.E. lower PSI than on a 70° day

Uni Stage 2 | SPM DP | Magnaflow CB | S3 IC | 034 Mounts | HPA Red Puck | FX350 Kit | BSH Intake | Rev D DV | DG SS

james9120

Go Kart Champion
More fuel in lower temps. Lower temps = more boost. If I set to 20PSI in warm temp, it'll be 22psi in colder temps. Each PSI is roughly 10whp for me so a PSI or 2 requires more fuel than you'd expect

12bluemk6

Ready to race!
More fuel in lower temps. Lower temps = more boost. If I set to 20PSI in warm temp, it'll be 22psi in colder temps. Each PSI is roughly 10whp for me so a PSI or 2 requires more fuel than you'd expect
That's weird so it's different than me with a small turbo I guess that's why I confused myself. Cold day hits 15 psi. Warm goes to 18-19

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
You're not going to see two PSI difference because of cold weather. Just a boost controller issue. Unless you're going from sea level to 6000ft lol.

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
And you see lower boost pressures in colder weather, not higher. The example is backwards. You don't need to adjust your boost controller for colder weather to benefit from it. Just tune your car in warmer weather and it'll adjust accordingly. Fueling should be the same as X psi in cold weather (lower) is essentially the same as Y psi (higher) in warmer weather.

I think you see like 1-2% power gains for every 10-15 drop in temperature. It's pretty negligible but you everything feels smoother.

james9120

Go Kart Champion
I see lower boost numbers in warmer weather. I don't know why, but other people with my boost controller have the same issues. Not the same cars, but same controller

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
I see lower boost numbers in warmer weather. I don't know why, but other people with my boost controller have the same issues. Not the same cars, but same controller

Yeah I think nick had that controller and had odd issues with it. It's better than a manual boost controller though lol. The eBoost one is the way to go.