GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

oatzel

Ready to race!
How's the ride with those pair of springs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far no complaints. Although I'm still rubbing a bit in the front. Interesting that my car sits lower in the front on the konis than it did with the stock shocks. I'm now around 24.5 F and 24.75 R. Ride is good. I think it is better than my DGs and stock shocks

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
I wonder if certain desighns cause the can to fill up faster than others. I noticed that some do and some dont.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I've been running the CTS kit for about 3k miles and there is not enough contents to register on the dipstick yet.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Yolo!

Chain & tensioner done, 128k miles.

havocsrt

Ready to race!
Lapping in my valves

Andrew429

Ready to race!
My dealer had to order the water pump, won't have my car back till tuesday... hopefully this one lasts more than 20,000 miles

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion

To clarify since you're asking about tune I meant that I've been running the CTS PCV kit. Just in case it was interpreted as one of their turbo kits.

To answer your question though in running Eurodyne and I have a custom etune from tunemaestro.com

urbanevil

Ready to race!
Southben Stage 2 clutch install knocked out in 3 hours. So far 0 chatter/gear lash. Feels TONS better than stock!

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
How'd it go?

It was good, local Indi shop, this was more preventive action than actual mechanical issue, still with this replacement, the car at very low speed feels eager, def. better.

DELETE

Autocross Champion
It was good, local Indi shop, this was more preventive action than actual mechanical issue, still with this replacement, the car at very low speed feels eager, def. better.

Ok so how much did it run you, and it actually makes a difference in performance or do you think it's placebo? I want to get this done but the dealer quoted me like 3k for ALL the parts and labor.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Ok so how much did it run you, and it actually makes a difference in performance or do you think it's placebo? I want to get this done but the dealer quoted me like 3k for ALL the parts and labor.

$3k is too much in the area ($1500) estimate , unless a VW dealer. At low RPM the car's initial response is better, keep in mind my unit is 128k miles old. This is more of a preventive service when in low miles than a performance upgrade, unless your tensioner has been identified like the ones need replacement as soon as possible.

DELETE

Autocross Champion
$3k is too much in the area ($1500) estimate , unless a VW dealer. At low RPM the car's initial response is better, keep in mind my unit is 128k miles old. This is more of a preventive service when in low miles than a performance upgrade, unless your tensioner has been identified like the ones need replacement as soon as possible.

Yea the VW dealer quoted that much. Idk if I trust them over myself doing it but Idk about a local shop either unless they've done them before. I have the old version, the ratcheting one.