GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
Ordered a deka etx18L off of Amazon because I killed my battery :(

I run the same battery. 5lbs lighter and is holding up great!

I.e. Intake and swapped Fk street lines to H&R super sports. Car feels great, much more solid, and comfortable yet aggressive [emoji1417]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love my SS... I have them matched with Koni Yellows and will challenge that they feel and run better than 80% of coils. My wife's car(s) have been on 3 sets of suspension and none of those feel as good as this combo

Yes, post 37,525 gives details. F23 with custom tune using Eurodyne software. [emoji106]

Good call on checking torque on mounts... i do after every track day.

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
I run the same battery. 5lbs lighter and is holding up great!

Love my SS... I have them matched with Koni Yellows and will challenge that they feel and run better than 80% of coils. My wife's car(s) have been on 3 sets of suspension and none of those feel as good as this combo

Good call on checking torque on mounts... i do after every track day.

Will definitely look into it, I love the height as well

DELETE

Autocross Champion
Yes, post 37,525 gives details. F23 with custom tune using Eurodyne software. I failed to mention though when I checked torque on mounts yesterday the catch can does actually have enough oil/blowby/sludge to register on the dipstick but just barely. I'm not sure why that would be concerning though if there isn't much/any blow by that's a good thing IMO. Unless you thought I meant my engine dipstick? I'm always at a safe proper level on that dipstick [emoji106]

Ok no that's more concerning for me is what I meant. After 3k that's nuts. I get a full can I'd say every 200 miles or so. I really drive her though idk.

Last edited:

Andrew429

Ready to race!
I picked up my car today from having the water pump replaced, go and switch back to 93 mode to find out that they performed the VW update

zrickety

The Fixer
DG springs and Konis. Aluminum swivels/uprights/wheel bearing housings done front and rear. The front are Passat and the rear are Tiguan (same as Passat?). Added some track width and height I think. Alignment in the morning, should be interesting.

KO_81

Got my reverse LED and city light bulbs from DeAutoKey, got around to fitting them.

Absolutely delighted, so bright and pure white. We all know how rubbish the stock W16W bulb is in the Euro LED lights, especially in the UK we only get the one reversing bulb which is so dim it's dangerous.

Oh and fitted a multi-chip LED unit in the glove box.

Here are the pics.................

DeAutoKey LED reverse light to replace your W16W bulb, the picture makes it look brighter than it actually is but it's still pretty damn bright as you can see how far it throws the light back..................

DeAutoKey LED city lights, again not quite as bright in person as in the picture but still as bright as you'd want and really crisp white in colour............

Amazing LED light unit replaces your stock one, it's so bright it lights up the front of the passenger seat too..........

Shore GTI

Ready to race!
I removed the rear Hotchkis sway bar, & installed H&R sway bars, 26mm front,
& 24mm rear. I also installed Tyrolsport Dead Set kits front, & rear to rid the car of the notorious subframe clunk.

Handling improved, & there's no more front subframe clunk.

tBass84

Ready to race!
Hi everyone! I live in Calgary which can get quite harsh winters. I park the car in the garage and underground at work. I decided to leave the coilovers in this winter and am looking to prevent the coilovers from seizing.

I've found a few different solutions from Anti Seize to Boeshield T9.

Any recommendations/experiences for best solutions?

Cheers!

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Hi everyone! I live in Calgary which can get quite harsh winters. I park the car in the garage and underground at work. I decided to leave the coilovers in this winter and am looking to prevent the coilovers from seizing.

Cheers!

You can lift it like I just did. Lol

Gino

Ready to race!
Dropped the car off at a local vag shop for strut mount and bearing install. Now I am running the ECS strut mounts. Also got my rotors drilled so a set screw would fit. It honestly was a pain to rotate the rotor, the spacer, and the wheel to line all up lol. So reduced some of that now. Will get another firestone alignment probably Wednesday :p Also had the shop toss in whiteline adjustable endlinks to the front and rear. Just slowly preparing for a corner balance.

brobst

Go Kart Champion

Cheers!

I park my coils in snow last 2 winters. If they are stainless you will be fine.

Sent from phone Tapa