GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NewSouth Boost Gauge Install- Supplemental Pictures

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
Very nice thank you! Ive been looking for a boost gauge lately and Ive come across a few DIY's but they are not as complete as Id like them to be. Yours has a lot of very clear pictures with the complete instructions. Thanks again.

Cbell3186

Ready to race!
Hey HeloHarmonics-

Just picked up the same kit because of your DIY, thanks again for writing this up, much appreciated!!

-SnowmanMafia-

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey, so I know the brown wire on the headlight switch is a ground. Is there a wire on there that is just acc power? Not contingent on if the headlights are on or not?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Hey, so I know the brown wire on the headlight switch is a ground. Is there a wire on there that is just acc power? Not contingent on if the headlights are on or not?

I followed the directions newsouth had.. and mine lights up all the time regardless of if lights are on or not.. now sure its possible i tapped the wrong wire.. but i dont think i did.

(Car has to be on for it to light up.. but i dont need to turn the headlights on)

-SnowmanMafia-

Passed Driver's Ed
I followed the directions newsouth had.. and mine lights up all the time regardless of if lights are on or not.. now sure its possible i tapped the wrong wire.. but i dont think i did.

(Car has to be on for it to light up.. but i dont need to turn the headlights on)

Okay, cool thats what I was wondering.

I think the grey wire on the switch is for the dimmer. I think you tap the purple/black striped wire for the power then.

Thanks!

-SnowmanMafia-

Passed Driver's Ed
I ended up tapping the power into the fusebox using an add-a-fuse cable. Tapped into the 12V electronics fuse.

Grounded it using the brown headlight switch wire though.

Your pictures helped, thanks.

HeloHarmonics

Ready to race!
Good to hear some people out there are finding the pictures helpful! Makes me feel like taking the time to upload everything was worthwhile. :thumbsup:

maine-mk6

Passed Driver's Ed
Just installed one of these this weekend, thank you for the write up and pictures, especially not being able to use the rubber band to hold the gauge in. Thank you!