GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I 40 or I 10 in december?

GeorgiaBII

Drag Race Newbie
Hey guys.

I need to make a run to Arizona right after Christmas. How is I40 that time of year? Do I need to worry about closures and snow in the mountains?

Merkle

Banned
I-10 is under a lot of construction here in Louisiana. Mainly in Baton Rouge. Just FYI

GeorgiaBII

Drag Race Newbie
I-10 is under a lot of construction here in Louisiana. Mainly in Baton Rouge. Just FYI

You mean I-10 through Louisiana is worse than usual? I hate to say this but you guys have some of the worst roads I've ever driven!

Merkle

Banned
You mean I-10 through Louisiana is worse than usual? I hate to say this but you guys have some of the worst roads I've ever driven!

Say it all you want man, our roads are pretty shitty. Coming from the east you may want to take I-12 instead of I-10. You will avoid the worst parts of construction here in BR. There is still come construction on 12, but it's not as bad.

GeorgiaBII

Drag Race Newbie
I appreciate the tip. I may head out on I40 and drop south from flagstaff. I've gone both ways in the past but never in December. Not really worried until I start to climb up into the hills in NM.

Apexeater

Ready to race!
It depends, I-40 can be dangerous after a storm and has stranded motorists before. However, if there hasn't been a storm you will be clear, it is a major interstate afterall. If you have any doubts take I-10. Wouldn't I-10 be faster/ shorter for you?

Double's Dub

Ready to race!
I would go with I- 10, i have personally driven from AZ down to Daytona FL during the winter months, and it isn't that bad. The only thing to watch for during this time of the year is the occasional wind storm in NM territory :thumbsup:

The high country on I-40 in AZ around Flagstaff are the only real area you would have to worry about and it's not usually a problem till Jan and Feb. I-10 isn't near as pretty a drive though you don't have worry about weather. Wind storms here in southern NM aren't until the spring.