GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > DIY Guides and Discussions

Old 07-31-2016, 01:50 PM   #365
KFahey
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2011 MK6 GTI-MT
Hey guys quick question, can i reuse the copper washers for the coolant and oil plugs on the turbo when swapping them to the correct position? Not sure if I was given enough washers from HPA for the plugs.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Old 07-31-2016, 06:35 PM   #366
XGC75
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: into shit
Nope

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
XGC75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 06:46 PM   #367
KFahey
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2011 MK6 GTI-MT
Nice didn't think so....gonna have to order more. I also didn't have thick and thin washers...they are all the same thickness....I ordered the thick one but couldn't find a part number for the thin washer.....

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Old 08-05-2016, 08:49 PM   #368
timneedscoffee10
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 VW GTI w Sunroof
Really bummed out to be doing this *again* ... had a small coolant leak after my F23T install... so I just finished pulling the turbo out so I can clean everything and start again.

While I was pulling it out, though, I noticed that I neglected to reconnect to the oil-supply-line bracket. It looks like it's supposed to connect right below the DV -- but for the life of me I can not see how to do that without bending the hard-line.

It's a brand-new supply line -- I replaced it and the return line when I did the F23T install (had an oil leak on my K04 -- figured I'd just do new lines on this one). Is it normal to have to "massage" the line into place?
Old 08-06-2016, 08:36 PM   #369
timneedscoffee10
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 VW GTI w Sunroof
Well to answer my own question -- bending the line gently here and there worked great, so is it normal to have to? Who knows. Can you? Absolutely.

It's also worth nothing that those hex-head bolts on the Oil Return line are total garbage. Swapped mine out for standard bolts. They're M6x1.0x16, and I used split-lock washers. Snugged them down much tighter than I felt comfortable with on those hex-head bolts (considering I snapped one off a couple months back)... and *finally* oil-leak free!

I had a persistent fine-oil-mist for as long as I've been K04 because of those friggen bolts. Glad to finally be rid of them.
Old 08-06-2016, 09:07 PM   #370
ncsugray90
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI 2 door 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by timneedscoffee10 View Post
Well to answer my own question -- bending the line gently here and there worked great, so is it normal to have to? Who knows. Can you? Absolutely.

It's also worth nothing that those hex-head bolts on the Oil Return line are total garbage. Swapped mine out for standard bolts. They're M6x1.0x16, and I used split-lock washers. Snugged them down much tighter than I felt comfortable with on those hex-head bolts (considering I snapped one off a couple months back)... and *finally* oil-leak free!

I had a persistent fine-oil-mist for as long as I've been K04 because of those friggen bolts. Glad to finally be rid of them.
I'll make sure to do this when I'm finally able to install the k04 as well then. I certainly don't want oil leak issues!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 03-25-2017, 09:35 PM   #371
FriggenT
Banned

Drives: 2013 Wolfsburg gti DSG
Might want to add that the 5 bolts that hold the turbo are actually 12 mm...at least mine were from my cts kit.
FriggenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 02:13 AM   #372
xHeartcoreboyx
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: '10 CW 2DR GTI DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geryon86 View Post
Top works fine. You remove the axle shield with the two bolts.

Yup and also put that coolant line that runs behind the engine along with the coilpack harness aside..will save you A TON of effort and it's all just one 2 clamps and a connector.

xHeartcoreboyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 04:00 PM   #373
GTI_likeurmom
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: Veyron 16.4
so are these washers correct? the thick washer next to turbo and skinny next to banjo bolt? this is the bolt facing the firewall (coolant).
I cut the tether off. When I get to the pump, I remove the cap and chuck it into the nearest bush, patch of trees, or some sort of wet lands. I pump gas. Then I spend anywhere from 5 to 165 minutes retrieving the cap. I screw it back on and drive away. I'm not letting it dangle against the paint and I don't know any better way.
GTI_likeurmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 08:26 AM   #374
MLue1
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2010 Golf 2.5 CW 5sp / 2009 Tiguan
Thumbs up

Thank You for this Post, using it to remove the turbo from the 2.0 TSI in my Tiguan.
MLue1 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
zach in a muscle shirt