GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > DIY Guides and Discussions

Old 08-21-2012, 10:30 AM   #57
flyguy27
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2013 328i Sport line
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiw View Post
Got the footwell sensor installed. Went ahead and followed the instructions at http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index..._(5K)_Climatic afterward and no problems so far. It did seem to turn on the heater when it was close to 72 degrees (where I had the dial set at) and kept it on even after it past that point, though. Is that normal?

BTW, I'm using a module that came from a totaled 2010 Jetta, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference:

Code:
Address 08: Auto HVAC (J301)       Labels: 3C8-907-336.clb
   Part No SW: 3C8 907 336 N    HW: 3C8 907 336 N
   Component: Climatic      H13 0203  
   Revision: 00006001    
   Coding: 0000000000
   Shop #: WSC 00066 000 00146
   ASAM Dataset: EV_Climatic A01001
   ROD: EV_Climatic_VW36.rod
   VCID: 38750A52838AE1D8D95

No fault code found.
I have the other part number also from a 10 jetta and my knob is set at around 2 to 3 o clock (74-76) and only blows cold there. The temp here has been high 80's to mid 90s. Yours should not blow hot air if the temp inside the car is higher than 72.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:23 AM   #58
tmiw
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 GTI 4dr Autobahn w/DSG
Send a message via AIM to tmiw
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy27 View Post
I have the other part number also from a 10 jetta and my knob is set at around 2 to 3 o clock (74-76) and only blows cold there. The temp here has been high 80's to mid 90s. Yours should not blow hot air if the temp inside the car is higher than 72.
Hmm, ok. I'll have to play some more and maybe screenshot the measuring blocks page on VCDS for clarification.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:52 PM   #59
tmiw
Formula 5000 Driver

Went to work this morning and the car's heater never turned on, so there's probably no problem.

Question: is it supposed to automatically turn on the A/C depending on the temperature? I find that the A/C light stays off until I manually push the button even when it's supposed to be cooling and not heating.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:21 PM   #60
flyguy27
FIA GT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiw View Post
Went to work this morning and the car's heater never turned on, so there's probably no problem.

Question: is it supposed to automatically turn on the A/C depending on the temperature? I find that the A/C light stays off until I manually push the button even when it's supposed to be cooling and not heating.

No, you must manually activate the AC button. It only automatically goes on when you direct the air to the windshield (12 o clock on the vent control dial)
Old 08-21-2012, 11:26 PM   #61
67Scarelane
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2011 GTI 2 Door
Holy Cr@p is that awesome! I don't need it, but i'm sure many will!!
67Scarelane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:08 PM   #62
misaka
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: Turbo Corolla
Ended up getting a panel and ordered the parts... if I have a Vag-com do I need to disconnect battery?
misaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:36 PM   #63
dudemanz
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2011 GTI Sunroof and Nav
How long does this DIY take?
dudemanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:51 PM   #64
flyguy27
FIA GT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by misaka View Post
Ended up getting a panel and ordered the parts... if I have a Vag-com do I need to disconnect battery?
I didn't disconnect the battery and had fault codes for the HVAC which I reset with vcds and all was well. I guess it knows I disconnected the panel during the install.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:53 PM   #65
flyguy27
FIA GT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudemanz View Post
How long does this DIY take?
I would say about 45 mins to an hour. I can do it in about 20-30mins now since i've done it before.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:40 PM   #66
tmiw
Formula 5000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy27 View Post
I would say about 45 mins to an hour. I can do it in about 20-30mins now since i've done it before.
This. For me it took a lot longer to build/solder the wires than to actually route everything and plug stuff in.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:34 PM   #67
MotMot
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 1.6tTDi BMT
Hello,
I'm an owner of a 2011 UK bluemotion golf, with the manual climate as described above, and have sourced the components for this mod via eBay etc.. (though the control panel ive bought has different part numbers, it has the numbers - centigrade - instead of the red -blue).

But I was wondering if this would conflict with the auto-start stop function. While surfing about this I found something saying it would disable the start stop if there was a > 7 deg c difference between expected and actual temp.. Any ideas?

Also I have no access to vag-com, what's the worst prognosis if I try this? I I put the old unit back on again (if for some reason goes wrong) will it need some tinkering via vag com or will it go back to its old self?

Any thoughts welcome - and thanks for a superbly clear instruction set. Great set of posts and pics.

Tom
MotMot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #68
eduardot

Drives: '12 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotMot View Post
Hello,
I'm an owner of a 2011 UK bluemotion golf, with the manual climate as described above, and have sourced the components for this mod via eBay etc.. (though the control panel ive bought has different part numbers, it has the numbers - centigrade - instead of the red -blue).

But I was wondering if this would conflict with the auto-start stop function. While surfing about this I found something saying it would disable the start stop if there was a > 7 deg c difference between expected and actual temp.. Any ideas?

Also I have no access to vag-com, what's the worst prognosis if I try this? I I put the old unit back on again (if for some reason goes wrong) will it need some tinkering via vag com or will it go back to its old self?

Any thoughts welcome - and thanks for a superbly clear instruction set. Great set of posts and pics.

Tom
It's going to be hard to help you with the remote start question. It is not available in the US, even as an option.

I'm not really sure about your second question. I swapped the controls by following the instructions, and didn't use vagcom until a few days later (just because I wanted to see if it made any difference.) It worked exactly the same before and after the adaptation run through vagcom.
eduardot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:47 AM   #69
MotMot
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 1.6tTDi BMT
Hi, sorry maybe some misunderstanding.
It's not remote start, but an auto stop - start option on the bluemotion models to save fuel. Basically if you have your foot off the clutch and the gears in neutral the engine will stop..
Tom
MotMot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:25 AM   #70
eduardot

Drives: '12 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotMot View Post
Hi, sorry maybe some misunderstanding.
It's not remote start, but an auto stop - start option on the bluemotion models to save fuel. Basically if you have your foot off the clutch and the gears in neutral the engine will stop..
Tom
My bad, I didn't read it properly. Still, the same answer applies. That is not an option in the US, it will be hard to find an answer in this forum.
eduardot is offline   Reply With Quote