GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > DIY Guides and Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-05-2015, 05:16 PM   #15
intoflatlines
FIA Formula 1 Champion
 
intoflatlines's Avatar
 
Drives: Z4M, GTI
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 13,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by deAutoKey View Post
Here are some photos - we will see what we can do with videos in the future but we never had any blinding glare - see here projector xenon vs h7rc halogens
Different road, different ambient lighting conditions. Not sure what you're even supposed to be comparing there.

Quote:

real life driving - the light is NOT shining in a person walking or in any cars, why would a video be any different?
Unknown camera exposure settings, irrelevant as well. Who knows what it looks like to the driver of that car?



Quote:
What is funny is we are on the same page, we agree don't install regular xenon in halogens, we are blinded all the time, we are trying to help the situation, instead of trying to attack us on a forum comparing REGULAR xenon bulbs you should worry about people selling regular xenon by the thousands all over the place not us trying to help the problem.
Fair enough. Please post technical information about how your xenon bulbs are specifically different from "regular" xenon bulbs.

Quote:
Also here is a video driving:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RryPd0DgKfQ
I see hotspots and inconsistencies caused by the halogen reflector


Quote:
it is funny because you are more likely to be blinded by headlights from the factory - known cars with other people noticing:
2015 ford explorer
corolla with led headlights
Cadillac Escalade
Interesting statistic. What is your source?
__________________
Z4 ///M Roadster with whistle tips
2012 GTI with Nitrogen Air Mod, Energizer CR2032 in Key Fob, Soundaktor Unplugged, Airbag Warning Decal Delete, Dashcam Mod, Autodimming/Homelink Mirror Mod
intoflatlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 05:18 PM   #16
deAutoLED.com
GolfMK6 Official Vendor
 
deAutoLED.com's Avatar
 
Drives: VW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: ny
Posts: 2,539
This photo of a car in the parking lot - notice the white car on the left - it is lower than 98% of cars on the road and NO light is shining in the driver window or anywhere near that area:


We agree with what you are posting - DO NOT install REGULAR Xenon bulbs in your reflector housing - you will blind me and others - it is dangerous!

But our H7RC are different - the shorter bulb mimics the halogen and where it will reflector light, band on bottom helps stop any glare from light.


I stated my source for other cars - internet posts on other forums - please search to find them.
__________________
Search all LEDs for your MK6 GTI/Golf:
http://deautokey.com/category/shop-b...-mk6-2010-2014

Bright | Error Free | Tested to work
deAutoLED.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 05:22 PM   #17
intoflatlines
FIA Formula 1 Champion
 
intoflatlines's Avatar
 
Drives: Z4M, GTI
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 13,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadubya View Post
So it's got front and rear level sensors to compensate for incline, decline and bumps?
This is a good question. Interested to hear how you are leveling the HIDs which is required by law for OEM headlights with HIDs/projectors... to avoid blinding other drivers. I understand that you might say that reflectors are not projectors so it's not required, but if you are comparing the output and/or cutoff of OEM HID vs. HID in reflectors, then it makes sense that these would be required too.
__________________
Z4 ///M Roadster with whistle tips
2012 GTI with Nitrogen Air Mod, Energizer CR2032 in Key Fob, Soundaktor Unplugged, Airbag Warning Decal Delete, Dashcam Mod, Autodimming/Homelink Mirror Mod
intoflatlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 05:22 PM   #18
Jaber
Modero
 
Jaber's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 VW AllTrack
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Iowa, IL
Posts: 20,860
My eyes will be ready.

__________________
Member Journal

#TEAMMINIVAN - BBRT, Banana Bread Racing Team
Jaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 05:27 PM   #19
intoflatlines
FIA Formula 1 Champion
 
intoflatlines's Avatar
 
Drives: Z4M, GTI
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 13,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by deAutoKey View Post
This photo of a car in the parking lot - notice the white car on the left - it is lower than 98% of cars on the road and NO light is shining in the driver window or anywhere near that area:
Again, exposure settings are unknown so it's impossible to tell from these types of pictures if another driver would be blinded.

Here's a simple solution. Put your xenon bulb in one side of a stock GTI housing, and keep stock halogen in the other. Then take a video from ~50 feet away, from different angles. If it is shown that the xenons do not have more output above the "cutoff" vs. stock halogens, you would have proven that your bulbs are truly better than regular xenon bulbs in stock housings. However, it still doesn't compensate for dips/bumps/incline/decline conditions so they will still blind others there.

Quote:
We agree with what you are posting - DO NOT install REGULAR Xenon bulbs in your reflector housing - you will blind me and others - it is dangerous!

But our H7RC are different - the shorter bulb mimics the halogen and where it will reflector light, band on bottom helps stop any glare from light.


I stated my source for other cars - internet posts on other forums - please search to find them.
__________________
Z4 ///M Roadster with whistle tips
2012 GTI with Nitrogen Air Mod, Energizer CR2032 in Key Fob, Soundaktor Unplugged, Airbag Warning Decal Delete, Dashcam Mod, Autodimming/Homelink Mirror Mod
intoflatlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 05:28 PM   #20
deAutoLED.com
GolfMK6 Official Vendor
 
deAutoLED.com's Avatar
 
Drives: VW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: ny
Posts: 2,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by intoflatlines View Post
This is a good question. Interested to hear how you are leveling the HIDs which is required by law for OEM headlights with HIDs/projectors... to avoid blinding other drivers. I understand that you might say that reflectors are not projectors so it's not required, but if you are comparing the output and/or cutoff of OEM HID vs. HID in reflectors, then it makes sense that these would be required too.
No aftermarket xenon kit (not even retrofit source in projectors) are street legal, it is all in warranty and policy of every company even ours - it is up to you to install what you want, SBL has the same policy, again, like all companies.

However, if you are going on a hill a halogen will blind another driver too, that is common sense I feel many reading will simply laugh and feel you are trying to stretch this even further than you really can.

It is obvious you have 1 view and want to discredit a company trying to help fix the issue, not add to it, do you want to mention the endless people installing H7 kits in their halogens? We see and hear about it all the time.

You have amazon and ebay member selling these by the thousands, so why don't we just forget h7rc kits that we feel is creating a much better driving experience and beam angle without blinding others and just sell H7 under a different name on amazon an ebay? You cannot really try to focus on one product and compare it to a different product you experienced.

Ok, your opinion is that the exposure on every single photo is wrong? Interesting how every single person has a similar cut-off but it is because of exposure, those are all different customers, cameras and photos.

Everything has been said and went over, all questions answered, customers can make up their mind on their own.
__________________
Search all LEDs for your MK6 GTI/Golf:
http://deautokey.com/category/shop-b...-mk6-2010-2014

Bright | Error Free | Tested to work
deAutoLED.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 05:32 PM   #21
intoflatlines
FIA Formula 1 Champion
 
intoflatlines's Avatar
 
Drives: Z4M, GTI
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 13,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by deAutoKey View Post
No aftermarket xenon kit (not even retrofit source in projectors) are street legal, it is all in warranty and policy of every company even ours - it is up to you to install what you want, SBL has the same policy, again, like all companies.
So you agree that your kit is not street legal, likely for the reasons stated earlier.

Quote:
However, if you are going on a hill a halogen will blind another driver too, that is common sense I feel many reading will simply laugh and feel you are trying to stretch this even further than you really can.
It's true that regular halogens will not compensate for these conditions. However, regular halogens are... regular halogens, and not bright HIDs (a selling point of your xenons is that they are brighter than stock halogens, right?)... so it stands to reason that HIDs in regular housings will naturally be more blinding to other drivers in this situation.
__________________
Z4 ///M Roadster with whistle tips
2012 GTI with Nitrogen Air Mod, Energizer CR2032 in Key Fob, Soundaktor Unplugged, Airbag Warning Decal Delete, Dashcam Mod, Autodimming/Homelink Mirror Mod
intoflatlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 05:40 PM   #22
deAutoLED.com
GolfMK6 Official Vendor
 
deAutoLED.com's Avatar
 
Drives: VW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: ny
Posts: 2,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by intoflatlines View Post
So you agree that your kit is not street legal, likely for the reasons stated earlier.

It's true that regular halogens will not compensate for these conditions. However, regular halogens are... regular halogens, and not bright HIDs (a selling point of your xenons is that they are brighter than stock halogens, right?)... so it stands to reason that HIDs in regular housings will naturally be more blinding to other drivers in this situation.
Everyone should know that no aftermarket bulb is street legal due to the regulations, please see our policy, we never tried to hide this fact, you just didn't read and as we stated, installing an aftermarket bulb from any company including retrofit is NOT LEGAL, you should have all facts prior to posting statements so it doesn't come off as only attacking our company:
http://deautokey.com/warranty-policy

As we said, we answered and addressed everything, you can now have your opinion, that is fine, customers can read over and make their own conclusion, we only posted as it was one sided, other products were being posted and compared, not ours, so we had to reply, other than that it is pointless to reply any further to any comments.

Thank you for bringing this up so we can address it though, we feel any company who stands behind their product would be here talking about all aspects of it and not simply selling tons of them on ebay/amazon without caring what car/headlight it goes into.
__________________
Search all LEDs for your MK6 GTI/Golf:
http://deautokey.com/category/shop-b...-mk6-2010-2014

Bright | Error Free | Tested to work
deAutoLED.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 05:43 PM   #23
ashchuckton
FIA GT Newbie
 
ashchuckton's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 GTI Base CSG DSG
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Ohio
Posts: 790
It would be most informative if deautokey could post up a video of how these lights look to other drivers. Maybe drive by the camera so one can make their own judgment if they are blinding or not. Color me skeptical, I sure can tell when someone has HIDs in a halogen housing. Those do blind me & other drivers. Not trying to be negative here.
__________________
2013 GTI CSG 2 door Base DSG > Shultz
ashchuckton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 05:43 PM   #24
intoflatlines
FIA Formula 1 Champion
 
intoflatlines's Avatar
 
Drives: Z4M, GTI
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 13,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by deAutoKey View Post
Everyone should know that no aftermarket bulb is street legal due to the regulations, please see our policy, we never tried to hide this fact, you just didn't read and as we stated, installing an aftermarket bulb from any company including retrofit is NOT LEGAL, you should have all facts prior to posting statements so it doesn't come off as only attacking our company:
http://deautokey.com/warranty-policy

As we said, we answered and addressed everything, you can now have your opinion, that is fine, customers can read over and make their own conclusion, we only posted as it was one sided, other products were being posted and compared, not ours, so we had to reply, other than that it is pointless to reply any further to any comments.

Thank you for bringing this up so we can address it though, we feel any company who stands behind their product would be here talking about all aspects of it and not simply selling tons of them on ebay/amazon without caring what car/headlight it goes into.
I never stated that you were trying to hide this fact, but thank you for the link regardless. I appreciate that you are taking the time to respond and that you are open to discussion regarding the drawbacks of using xenon bulbs in halogen reflector housings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashchuckton View Post
It would be most informative if deautokey could post up a video of how these lights look to other drivers. Maybe drive by the camera so one can make their own judgment if they are blinding or not. Color me skeptical, I sure can tell when someone has HIDs in a halogen housing. Those do blind me & other drivers. Not trying to be negative here.
__________________
Z4 ///M Roadster with whistle tips
2012 GTI with Nitrogen Air Mod, Energizer CR2032 in Key Fob, Soundaktor Unplugged, Airbag Warning Decal Delete, Dashcam Mod, Autodimming/Homelink Mirror Mod
intoflatlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 05:46 PM   #25
deAutoLED.com
GolfMK6 Official Vendor
 
deAutoLED.com's Avatar
 
Drives: VW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: ny
Posts: 2,539
ashchuckton - it will be the last reply as the same thing is being said and stated over and over, we currently do not have this but the videos, photos and feedback shows that it is not blinding others, we drove by people with our h7rc in halogens and were not blinded and no one could tell, you can search those other cars and see many claims of STOCK FROM THE FACTORY headlights blinding other drivers. You can try to explain that?

intoflatlines - thank you - we are an honest company who states and puts all information out there, we are not here to deceive a customer - having a product be different from what we say or post is not something we would ever do, if we felt the exposure was incorrect we would not post the photo, it is what we see in person also.
__________________
Search all LEDs for your MK6 GTI/Golf:
http://deautokey.com/category/shop-b...-mk6-2010-2014

Bright | Error Free | Tested to work
deAutoLED.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 05:49 PM   #26
intoflatlines
FIA Formula 1 Champion
 
intoflatlines's Avatar
 
Drives: Z4M, GTI
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 13,297
We will be awaiting video for review. Thank you for doing this. If video evidence proves your claims, it would be awesome.
__________________
Z4 ///M Roadster with whistle tips
2012 GTI with Nitrogen Air Mod, Energizer CR2032 in Key Fob, Soundaktor Unplugged, Airbag Warning Decal Delete, Dashcam Mod, Autodimming/Homelink Mirror Mod
intoflatlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 05:51 PM   #27
sticksabuser
FIA GT Champion
 
sticksabuser's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 GTI
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashchuckton View Post
It would be most informative if deautokey could post up a video of how these lights look to other drivers. Maybe drive by the camera so one can make their own judgment if they are blinding or not. Color me skeptical, I sure can tell when someone has HIDs in a halogen housing. Those do blind me & other drivers. Not trying to be negative here.
I'll make sure I make a video of that. Thanks for suggesting that .

FYI I'm open to any suggestions as to what pictures, videos and perspectives to include, because that contributes to the discussion.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
__________________
APR Stg 1 v2.0, HS tuning RSR clutch, K&N Typhoon CAI, BFI Stg 1 engine mount, VWR Trans mount, Nuespeed dogbone insert, VWR Springs, Tylosport front brake bushings, Diesel Geek shifter, 42dd shifter bushings, 26mm Front & 22mm Rear H&R Sway bars, Whileline endlinks, Auto Headlight Conv kit, Black Euro tails, DeAutoKey HID/LED lows highs and fogs, White interior LEDs, LED side markers and turn sugnals, Blue Tint Aspherical Mirrors
sticksabuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 05:53 PM   #28
deAutoLED.com
GolfMK6 Official Vendor
 
deAutoLED.com's Avatar
 
Drives: VW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: ny
Posts: 2,539
Ok, we understand, photos are showing you the glare you see from the housing - it is no different from oem xenon/halogens:



sticksabuser thank you - we will work on something also.
__________________
Search all LEDs for your MK6 GTI/Golf:
http://deautokey.com/category/shop-b...-mk6-2010-2014

Bright | Error Free | Tested to work
deAutoLED.com is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.