GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECU Upgade or CA Intake

chopperguy918

So I have a bit of cash to spend. I was going to go and get a ECU upgrade tomorrow afternoon, but then I started thinking that maybe I should go ahead and get the CA Intake first then have the flash done. I think I read somewhere that it is good to have the CA Intake along with the ECU flash. Can anyone tell me how much it will effect performance on the ECU flash if I do not have the CA intake? What would you do?

chopperguy918

I figured that, just don't want to have any air restrictions. Wasn't sure if that could cause issues. BTW how to you like your Carbonio Intake? I have been tossing around getting one, but just because it looks nice and clean. Probably could find one cheaper that will do the same thing.

zdravo

Ready to race!
it's not bad, not loud as some of the open filter intakes, but definitely not that quiet either. It helps with the top end a bit, especially after going stage 2 with a downpipe. I had the intake installed with the stock ECU, didn't feel any power gains just better throttle response.

I got mine during the APR sale so the price wasn't too bad.

chopperguy918

I think I might try to fabricate some sort of ram air intake...not sure where I am gonna put it though. I read in one of the posts that there is supposedly a ram air intake in the works by someone or some company named EJ, but I think between me and my gear head buddy we can come up with something.

dallasjetfan

Ready to race!
I went with Stage 1 and then intake after a few weeks. The intake definitely help with throttle response and helps it breathe better. Stage 1 is a great upgrade even with stock intake. I think Stage 2 will be in the cards after the first of the year since I am feeling the power of Stage 1 for the first time because I had mine done in June and we say 70 straight days of 100+ temps. This is a totally different car without the heat and Stage 1 now. Go Stage 1 first. Check out Modshack intake too.