GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI Data Logging Compendium

lilzim

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey, if anyone still checks here can I get some opinions?
Some info here. I'm in a 2010 GTI, K04, APR intake and downpipe. I've got 100k miles on the car, 80k are K04. Recently needed a new clutch. Decided to take the time to also go from a custom tune to the APR v3 tune. I'm running 93 octane. After the tune, the car just felt flat. Boost kicks in and then it just seems to die off. My boost gauge shows that boost peaks at 20-23psi and then just constantly drops from about 4k rpm on until it's dropped to about 12psi. From looking at the logs, it appears that's not the case, but I'm wondering why I see that on the boost gauge. N75 seems to drop off early (or be all over the place). And on two of my runs, my throttle valve angle went to about 50% after boost kicked in even though the accel pedal was pegged the whole time. Injection timing looks high too, but I'm new to logging data and looking at this stuff. Any opinions from the pros? Any other things I could log to get a better picture?

A.S.K

Hi All,

I've a Skoda Octavia Mk2 1.8TSI 6MT (EA888mk2). Ran Stage 2(JBS Map, Milltek RacePipe and Non resonated catback, Spullen Boost Pipes & GFB DV+) for 15k kms without issues.

About 2 Weeks ago installed a APR K04 Turbo & APR 93Map, and I'm getting persistent overboost CEL (P0235) and limp mode ~ 4th Gear at 6500rpm.
Video of Overboost issue on track - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4IjGTeEqYE

Log from the track.
View attachment 49467

Spoke with APR and they recommended putting all stock parts back.

Put all stock parts back in except the APR Carbonio Stage 1. Replaced the Spullen with the Stock Pancake pipe, and the GFB DV+ with the Stock DV. Did a full boost leak test.

Sealed off the intercooler exit, blocked off all Breather Hoses and PCV. Pressurized the Turbo inlet first upto 10PSI, then all the way upto 30PSI, and looked for leaks. Nothing found.

Results - Nearly SAME! Havent got a EPC light yet, as max speed I was able to achieve was 170kmph, and the EPC+Limp used to occur at 188Kmph in 4th Gear.
View attachment 49466

Can any of the guru's chime in as to what this could be. The car ran perfectly fine with Stage 2 tune (JBS) for over 14,500kms and never ever got a boost issue or overboost MIL.
Hi ray
you can check N75 small pipes from three side way in & out then go to check your wastage from free play.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

shaolinmastr

Passed Driver's Ed
Eurodyne Maestro
FrankenTurbo F23T, 3" DP, Magnaflow CB, APR Stage 2 CAI, R8 CP, BSH TP, ATP FMIC, Frankenturbo TOP and NGK BK8EIX

4th gear pull, 65 degrees, 1289'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Some info here. I'm in a 2010 GTI, K04, APR intake and downpipe. I've got 100k miles on the car, 80k are K04. Recently needed a new clutch. Decided to take the time to also go from a custom tune to the APR v3 tune. I'm running 93 octane. After the tune, the car just felt flat. Boost kicks in and then it just seems to die off. My boost gauge shows that boost peaks at 20-23psi and then just constantly drops from about 4k rpm on until it's dropped to about 12psi. From looking at the logs, it appears that's not the case, but I'm wondering why I see that on the boost gauge. N75 seems to drop off early (or be all over the place). And on two of my runs, my throttle valve angle went to about 50% after boost kicked in even though the accel pedal was pegged the whole time. Injection timing looks high too, but I'm new to logging data and looking at this stuff. Any opinions from the pros? Any other things I could log to get a better picture?

Did you ever figure out why your throttle valve angle dropped to ~50% despite your pedal position being 100%? I'm experiencing a similar issue.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion

Is.youssef

I have exactly the same issue mentioned above on my MK6R with KO4 of course. every single detail of the above is what I have, can anyone advise what is the solution here??

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
anyone trying to figure out OBD11 charts... you add a chart with the field you want, under charts, NOT live data. Thanks Joe_Mama for the info.

Last edited:

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
Still running Unitronic stage 2 91 file since 91 is as good of gas as i can get around here.... Anyone else get a weird dip at around 5k?

first chart is traveling slightly uphill, so it was able to get more data points.

1593726243061.png

1593726322295.png

GolNat

Autocross Champion
K04?

I took some timing logs the other day but I still stock turbo.

Raybiggs32

2x 3rd gear pulls
1x 4th

Hardware
F23t
Untronic ECU 2
Unitronic 3in TBE
S3 intercooler
Unitronic intake
DV relocation
Elevation 990
Temp: 70°f(estimate)