GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

smanierre

Autocross Champion

avni

Ready to race!
I didnt feel like reading through every comment

Is a stratified tune (I have APR intake/downpipe) quicker then APR STAGE 2?

Only asking because I do find the crackle tune very appealing.

FriggenT1

Banned
Damn this seems pretty legit! For those not wanting to go with a full on BT setup I must say this sounds look a good option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TTE is VERY high quality. It's a k16 wheel that is clipped, stronger WGA, other upgrades that I'm not positive about right now, as I h asve not read about it for a while. Very legit though, yes.

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
TTE is VERY high quality. It's a k16 wheel that is clipped, stronger WGA, other upgrades that I'm not positive about right now, as I h asve not read about it for a while. Very legit though, yes.

Just going to the link and reading up on it has me sold! Something to consider if/when I decide to do a turbo upgrade. I’m assuming a Stratified tune/custom software would be the only route for the unit to function properly?

FriggenT1

Banned
Just going to the link and reading up on it has me sold! Something to consider if/when I decide to do a turbo upgrade. I’m assuming a Stratified tune/custom software would be the only route for the unit to function properly?

UM has TTE tunes, but I cannot be sure it's for the mk6 gti. A custom tune would be best I'm sure.

Last edited:

zef

Drag Racing Champion
The issue I forsee with the hybrid setup is heat. KO4's overheat on the track as it is, I am sure with the similar style manifold the EGT's are only going to be worse on the hybrid

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
The issue I forsee with the hybrid setup is heat. KO4's overheat on the track as it is, I am sure with the similar style manifold the EGT's are only going to be worse on the hybrid

Well for people who don’t track their car regularly or at all probably won’t be a huge issue for them.

a3scott20

Ready to race!
I went from APR K04 > LOBA LO412 (hybrid K04) > PPT EFR7163, the different between K04 and LO412 was very impressive and it was fast as APR GTX kit but for sure you need WMI and custom tune to get the HP level similar to APR GTX. Here in our country we don’t dyno to see how fast the car can go after mod but we time 100-200kph instead. For mine APR K04 did mid 10s - low 11s, LOBA LO412 did mid 8s - low 9s and PPT EFR7163 did low 7s. 7163 is another world that I’m scared to WOT sometimes but LO412 is fast enough for our FWD car IMO.

FriggenT1

Banned

It is indeed a hybrid, but you've got to take into account that Porsche basically has the same turbo on their 996 and 993. It's a k04 with a k16 wheel, so it's not a new idea, just a newER one for us. Bigger wheel, moves more air, thus, more heat.

Here's the size difference,... quite a lot...

"This K16 turbine gives much lower back pressure and keeps EGT lower compared to stock K04 turbine or clipped stock."

https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-brand/tte/the-turbo-engineers-tte420-hybrid-ko4-turbo-charger/

Last edited:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
It is indeed a hybrid, but you've got to take into account that Porsche basically has the same turbo on their 996 and 993. It's a k04 with a k16 wheel, so it's not a new idea, just a newER one for us. Bigger wheel, moves more air, thus, more heat.

"This K16 turbine gives much lower back pressure and keeps EGT lower compared to stock K04 turbine or clipped stock."

https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-brand/tte/the-turbo-engineers-tte420-hybrid-ko4-turbo-charger/

How does that big ol wheel fit in the k04 housing? lol

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie

It’s not the turbine. It’s the manifold. Put as big a wheel as you want on there. It may make more power, but it’ll make a lot more heat. Heat kills power, kills repeatability, and if not tuned conservatively will fry your motor.

How much horsepower did a 993/996 come with from Porsche with a six cylinder and two turbos? ~400? So 200 per turbo? So basically what the Golf R with a K04 was designed for? 250? So, using the Porsche engineered it for that example doesn’t really work.