GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

avni

Ready to race!
Got in a bad accident.

DSG broken. Insurance paying to rebuild DSG transmission.

W.E that means

trading in this bitch soon as i get it back :D

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
jeez man, are you alright?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Got in a bad accident.

DSG broken. Insurance paying to rebuild DSG transmission.

W.E that means

trading in this bitch soon as i get it back :D

DSG break from the accident or broken DSG cause the accident?

avni

Ready to race!
DSG break from the accident or broken DSG cause the accident?

The transmission cracked. Due to the accident

Anyone have any experience with a re-built DSG transmission ? Kinda upset the insurance company isn't buying a brand new one. Obviously to save costs... Just wondering how it will hold up with my tune and what not.

Last edited:

Phur

Autocross Champion
If you are that worried about it, you could probably make up the difference and use new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phur

Autocross Champion
Use a new transmission instead of rebuilt. Insurance companies are usually okay with such things. Just like using oem parts instead of off-brand. You just have to make up the difference.

I’m just pulling numbers out of the air here... say a rebuilt transmission costs $2700 but you want a new one which costs $3700. The insurance would pay $2700 and you could pay the $1000 difference and get the new part.

Phur

Autocross Champion
However, if you plan on unloading it as soon as you get it back what does it matter what goes on it?

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Had a wood chip fly off a truck today carrying gigantic logs on the highway. Put a crack in my windshield.

Gonna see about getting it replaced this weekend. Sucks.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Does your insurance pay for it? Make sure that you get someone that isn’t a total idiot. I’ve had a bad experience.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Very. Don’t misunderstand, we love our son dearly, and he has been great. But my wife told me the other day... “Our jobs as parents are supposed to be to teach your child and prepare them for the outside world. When you can teach them nothing else because they will no longer listen to anything because they have it all figured out, it’s time for them to get the fuck out.” I look forward to it being just my wife and I again.

Posts like this are why I'm probably getting snipped this year. My dog doesn't listen sometimes and I get annoyed. Kids would ruin my life.