GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"Check Left/Right Front Side Light" Error

Spunky424

I got this error about two days ago and i'm unsure of which light/bulbs its referring to as all the lights are on. I have a 2011 autobahn edition with bi-xenons. I replaced the sider marker bulbs thinking this was the problem with brand new ones and still getting the error. any help is appreciated.

ahard48

Ready to race!
I got this error about two days ago and i'm unsure of which light/bulbs its referring to as all the lights are on. I have a 2011 autobahn edition with bi-xenons. I replaced the sider marker bulbs thinking this was the problem with brand new ones and still getting the error. any help is appreciated.

Maybe your side markers on your front bumper?

TALON AE

Ready to race!
I get this warning intermittently for the bumper side markers.

For me I’m pretty sure it is the deautokey led’s I’m running. The first set they sent me constantly triggered the bulb out warning. They swapped them for another type of led and that has worked 98% of the time.

For the life of me I can’t figure out why they sometimes throw an error...probably some combination of temperature and baseline battery voltage being provided to the bulbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Its the city lights. I have LEDs in there and they give the same warning.

Edit
Saw you have bi-zenons.
The city lights on those are this...

riceburner

Autocross Champion
wish i could just code out the errors. i get them all the time

ahard48

Ready to race!
wish i could just code out the errors. i get them all the time

I thought we could. I was going to find someone local to code out the bulb error. Maybe I'm wrong...

Spunky424

Its the city lights. I have LEDs in there and they give the same warning.

Edit
Saw you have bi-zenons.
The city lights on those are this...

thanks for this. so i did install deautokey amber LEDS into my city lights and it was fine for a few days, then the error came in. unfortunately i do not have the stock bulbs to test if its the root cause. but that is the only bulb i have changed. just trying to narrow down what "front side light" is actually referring to. is it the city lights or the side markers, or both?

Spunky424

It's the side marker bulbs.

i replaced the original set on the car (which were working 100%) with the same oem bulb, sylvania 2821, and they are still working with both sets and the error code has not reset at all. i'm assuming they self reset themselves?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
thanks for this. so i did install deautokey amber LEDS into my city lights and it was fine for a few days, then the error came in. unfortunately i do not have the stock bulbs to test if its the root cause. but that is the only bulb i have changed. just trying to narrow down what "front side light" is actually referring to. is it the city lights or the side markers, or both?

It's the side marker bulbs.

i replaced the original set on the car (which were working 100%) with the same oem bulb, sylvania 2821, and they are still working with both sets and the error code has not reset at all. i'm assuming they self reset themselves?

Its both at least on my car....Or At least on halogen cars. I can go pull a city light and it will say the exact same error. "Check left/right front side light".

I replaced my city lights (on halogen) with LEDs because i wanted the cleaner white look and the error has been up ever since. (yes my side marker lights are untouched and working and never got the error until i changed the city lights).
I used the Deautokey halogen bulbs which were a white color but they were SO dim they barely lit up the the housing and with the headlights on you couldnt even see them next to it. The LED bulbs are super bright and light up the entire highbeam housing/reflector(granted not enough to produce light down road) but enough to fill it with pure white light.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Hi, our side markers and city LEDs are 100% error. If you are seeing errors it could be a cold start low voltage from battery triggering an error. Any battery over 3 years is old and could take longer to charge.

If the battery is not the issue then we have to look at style you purchased.

We have error free models for bi-xenon OEM (not aftermarket bi-xenon - they have to be OEM had come stock in car):
http://deautokey.com/product/mk6-gti-golf-osram-city-lights-error-free-plug-play

We have city LEDs for halogen housing - error free setup:
http://deautokey.com/product/vw-audi-city-lights-high-power-cree-led-crisp-bright-white-error-free

And the side markers for all car models:
http://deautokey.com/product/universal-error-free-side-marker-leds-amber-or-white

So far it is the only one we saw to be 100% free on the market.

Keep us updated on how long you had them installed and make sure no resistors on the bulb were damage during install - that could cause the issue.

You can email Support@deAutoLED.com for a warranty if you feel there a problem with the bulb.

yannzter

For me I’m pretty sure it is the deautokey led’s I’m running. The first set they sent me constantly triggered the bulb out warning. They swapped them for another type of led and that has worked 98% of the time.

For the life of me I can’t figure out why they sometimes throw an error...probably some combination of temperature and baseline battery voltage being provided to the bulbs.

Hey man I have this Effen problem. Check front side left light yet all work. There is one light tho in the headlight compartment u wouldn't even know it's a light... do u know which one I'm talking about? I think that's the culprit

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Orient Express

Ready to race!
During cold weather, I've had problems with LED bulbs from various companies triggering the bulb out fault. In every case, just reseating the bulb has fixed the issue. Sometimes you can just give the head or tail light housing a wack and that fixes the issue. My biggest headache has been with turn signals. I turn on the emergency flashers, find the bulb that is out, give that housing a wack, and problem solved until the next cold snap.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Hey man I have this Effen problem. Check front side left light yet all work. There is one light tho in the headlight compartment u wouldn't even know it's a light... do u know which one I'm talking about? I think that's the culprit

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

During cold weather, I've had problems with LED bulbs from various companies triggering the bulb out fault. In every case, just reseating the bulb has fixed the issue. Sometimes you can just give the head or tail light housing a wack and that fixes the issue. My biggest headache has been with turn signals. I turn on the emergency flashers, find the bulb that is out, give that housing a wack, and problem solved until the next cold snap.

What LEDs. Please email Support@deAutoLED.com to confirm you have our LEDs and the style. We want to confirm and we can figure it out and see if maybe an extra resistor can be included but so far we have these in many cars and ours were the only ones that did not trigger errors.