GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Whats on your non "V" banded downpipe?

jedred1

jedred1
I have an APR cated downpipe to stock catback currently. I am wanting to make it a full 3" turboback for some extra power for Christmas. I know the easiest thing to do would be to get the APR catback set up but personally I don't like the sound of it. I am looking at catback set ups from Unitronic, Eurojet, or CTS Turbo. How can I stay at an unimpeded 3" and use a "V" banded system? I believe the CTS Turbo catback would just require a 3" to 3" slip fit clamp (and maybe some cutting). So I ask, what have you guys put on your APR downpipes as a catback, and how did you do it?

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
I dont have an APR downpipe, but mine is a 3" pipe and it originally had a 3" to 2.5" slip fitting.

If you are having a shop install the CBE then you could just have them weld it in seamlessly. I would think some form of slip fitting would be ideal for uninterrupted flow if you weren't going to weld it though.

Last edited:

MKVI_noizsky

Ready to race!
I have Milltek 2.75" mate with APR DP.

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
Another option is to have a shop fab up a cbe and then you don't have to worry about it. That's what I did and it was cheaper than buying one and sounds pretty great. Some drone around 2k when cold, but after about 5 minutes of driving there is no drone at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jedred1

jedred1
I thinking I'm going with the CTS Turbo catback so don't need to worry about the V band part of the connection. Thank you all for your responses. So now I'm thinking Torca
3" abutting joint clamp. Like this;

http://www.ottawaproducts.com/products/TC-series coupler.htm

but in 3". If I have any troubles I'll get it welded. I just worry about the shops ability to weld well.

visceralsoup

Ready to race!
I did the Ultimate Racing DP and left my stock catback with the suitcase deleted. Never drones, power feels great, and I get complements all the time on the sound. Plus I read somewhere that the difference in a 3 in cb and 2.5 in is negligible