GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2010 Golf 2.5 dyno surprises

jaja123

Ready to race!
Alright then. Its been a very long time since I have posted to the golf mk6 forums as I have done all my posting on vw vortex for the last several months. To be honest you will find more technical info on the 2.5 there. Anyways it is great now that we have a dedicated 2.5 golf forum here.

(This is from VW vortex and is my car, I thought you guys may be interested in this) Dyno chart at bottom

''Finally took my car to the dyno and was rather surprised at the results. Note they called my car a rabbit lol. The dyno is dyno dynamics aka heartbreaker dyno as we know it reads low compared to a dynojet and sometimes slightly lower than a mustang dyno. Because of this I expected poor numbers but to my surprise it put down 163.1 hp with just intake and cat back with single straight through 2.25'' magnaflow and 93 octane(just gas not software). Temp was 69F altitude around 1000ft. Read somewhere in a magazine that premium on 08+ does see an increase on the 2.5's on stock ecu. Anyways im pretty happy with the numbers and the torque curve is extraordinarily flat with very linear hp. But as we all know the torque curve is what this engine accels at. As for hp the guy who did my runs thinks I can make more power if the rev limiter was raised. Thats the reason why there is a dip after 6300 rpm. It certainly does look like it would keep increasing which is extremely odd as I thought this motor was for low end power and would fall flat on its face after 6k but apparently not.(found out this was the case for pre 08 2.5's) Note that stock max hp is 5800rpm and mine is around 6200-6300rpm with rev limiter so who knows if it would make more. I think the straight through exhaust could attribute to that. Another odd things was I thought this motor made more torque than horsepower but nooo. Tell me what you guys think.
Post your own dynos if you can''

So yeeaa that was my post on vw vortex anyways my car is basically a stock 2 door manual base model. Apr Carbonio Intake, 2.25'' magnaflow exhaust, torque insert, dg springs, 23mm solid rear eiback rear swaybar, no spare, no seats, no tools, nothing in back. Weight is 2700lbs with about 1 gallon of gas. My friends 09 wrx weighed in at 3180 on the same scale and same time which is dead accurate with stock wrx weight so no bs. Future mods are short shifter, some light rims, high flow cat and im waiting for c2 software which is cheaper than unitronic and does not need the ecu to be removed.

Here is my 0-60
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alG77iawG78

Exhaust sound
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRwm0ZzYhjg

[/IMG]

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
That is a sweet torque curve :)

Something sounds incredibly raspy in your 0-60 pull...

jaja123

Ready to race!
That is a sweet torque curve :)

Something sounds incredibly raspy in your 0-60 pull...

Yea lol I swear there are panels that are shaking like crazy in the back(also had no trunk liner). This is a very loud exhaust setup(only single magnaflow) but the rasp is not coming from the exhaust . You can hear vibrations at very certain frequencies and not the whole rev band. It is like a loose sounding rattle at 4k-4200. My axel back is also a crappy crushbend at creates a whooshing sound but I think it sounds kinda cool. If I take the axelback off it sounds much smoother. What is nice is that I can remove the axelback and bolt up the stock oem suitcase in literally 5 min and be like stock maybe a bit louder.

Last edited:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I liked the way the car sounded from the outside... not going to lie. But inside was a little much, I did notice that my car without the trunk liner is significantly louder also :)

jaja123

Ready to race!
yea the drone is very obnoxious at certain rpms most notably 2.5k but im used to it. When getting on the highway full throttle though I get eargasms every single time lol. I have the liner back in atm and the rattle is gone so maybe ill shoot a vid getting onto the highway.

This is with the suitcase put on. Mostly intake sound. Much quieter inside.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvbmjLHcULE

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Check out the Borla Catback.

Sounds pretty damn good to me.

jaja123

Ready to race!
cant go wrong with either sound wise. I have heard pretty much everything there is for 2.5 as all the videos. I picked magna as its cheaper and actually has much thicker contruction. I think it sounds great anyhow. We had this argument on vw vortex magnaflow custom or not vs borla. It went both ways. I will try to get some vid with axelback off as it sounds more like that vid.