GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes / Chassis | Sponsored by The Tire Rack

The Tire Rack
Welcome to the Wheels and Tires section of GolfMK6. This area is proudly sponsored by The Tire Rack.

If you are making a purchase from TireRack, please help support GolfMK6 by clicking through to them with this link or clicking on the Tire Rack banner ad. Doing so helps give back to GOLFMK6 so we can keep this place running!

Old 05-23-2018, 11:48 AM   #1
avni
Touring Car Champion

Drives: MK6
Rotors/Pads question

Need to get some new brakes.

For the front
https://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brak...ModClar=4-Door
STOPTECH
SELECT SPORT AXLE PACK

Rear
https://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brak...ModClar=4-Door
CENTRIC
PREFERRED AXLE PACK

On tire rack the image shows two rotors and pads for 151 for the stop tech. Is this for TWO rotors and 2 sets of pads? Seems little cheap.

Is it acceptable to use different rotors in the front and back?

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by avni; 05-23-2018 at 12:14 PM.
avni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 07:40 AM   #2
avni
Touring Car Champion

Drives: MK6
BUMP
Old 05-24-2018, 10:27 AM   #3
ben_m
Touring Car Champion

Drives: Mkvi GTI / MDX
Yup, kit has everything. I just bought a set from Rockauto for 200. Looks like you can snag a solid deal.
ben_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 09:55 PM   #4
ChrisB
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2013 MKVI Driver's Ed German Fit
I wish you luck because I'm torn between Centric/Hawk or EBC right now. I estimate that I have 3k miles to decide, lol.
ChrisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 10:57 PM   #5
Blakcard
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2011 Candy White 2dr 6spd GTi
I like my Stoptech personally. Mine are only slotted. That combo of dimple or drilled plus slots is a bit overkill but if u like the look... do it.
Old 05-25-2018, 11:49 PM   #6
ChrisB
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2013 MKVI Driver's Ed German Fit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakcard View Post
I like my Stoptech personally. Mine are only slotted. That combo of dimple or drilled plus slots is a bit overkill but if u like the look... do it.
I'm not a fan of drilled rotors for the street because years ago, I had a drilled rotor crack on me causing my driver's side front wheel to lock up in a curve at a decent speed. I may have pooped my pants a little because that incident nearly caused a horrific accident. I'm talking one of those "I should be dead" type of accidents because it is a miracle that the oncoming car didn't take me out while I was trying to regain control of my Civic in the rain.

I'm sure the technology on cross drilled rotors is better now than it used to be 15 years ago, but I'm still scared to run them...
ChrisB is offline   Reply With Quote