GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stretched tires...stance

0.5_Lambo

Ready to race!
I am lowered almost all the way down with my konis. I want a tad bit of stretch but nothing major and put 5-8mm spacers so its flush. Just enough to not rub. Went on tyrestretch.com but didnt find what i want. Which size should i go with. I was thinking 215/40/18 but on a 8x8 wheel not sure if it would just be square or would the side walls slightly go in.
Current: 18x8 225/40/18 ET45

0.5_Lambo

Ready to race!
I am trying to avoid 205 cause i heard the ride might get rough. Not sure. 215 im not sure will create stretch at all so if i had to go with 205 i'd do it.....heres what the car currently looks like.

Bengt18T

Passed Driver's Ed
This will give you an idea since I have basically the setup you're looking for. 215/40/18 hankook ventus v12's on 18x8 et 45

Best pics I have of the stretch...

I just put 10.5mm spacers on the rear and 5mm up front and am as low or perhaps a little lower than you and your koni's. I get no rubbing front or rear, but my front is semi-rolled (not completely but more than stock).

Hard to see. I only had 8mm spacer on in the rear in all these pics and none in the front.

Hope that helps.

0.5_Lambo

Ready to race!
That helps a bunch! Sounds like 215 it is. I already rolled my fenders my self. I only hit the inner lining here and there. I'm 24inches from the fender to the ground all around right now. The front is going to go a tad bit lower. Do you have your frame notched? I remember when i had them all the way down with my steelies i banged off the frame on big bumps. BTW the red pin stripe around the wheels completes the look. Looks good

Bengt18T

Passed Driver's Ed
I didn't know koni's went that low. I'm probably 1/4" higher than you then. And no, no notch. I've never hit frame either (of course I'm not a really aggressive driver). And thanks on the stripe.

0.5_Lambo

Ready to race!
Yea my crappy phone camera doesnt make my car look so hot. After getting the new tires I might take the front locking collars out as well but not sure on that yet. I've hit the frame pulling out of a couple gas stations. No dukes of hazard going on here though.