GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CTS TURBO intake

slowgti08

Ready to race!
Is this nipple supposed to stay on or off ??? Trying to solve a boost leak that I have and just readjusted the intake I just installed and I am still wondering about this little nipple I have it on as of now. Please help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
You're looking in the wrong spot for a boost leak

A boost leak would be on the pressurized side (anywhere after the turbo outlet and up until the throttle body)

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
That's a breather tube iirc, but I'd leave it on since you'd be pulling in unmetered air that will throw a code.

That little nipple is where the filter is so thats not unmeterd air as it hasnt passed the MAF yet. Its unfiltered but not un accounted for as it will continue the same path (as the air that entered the filter) to the maf.

You're looking in the wrong spot for a boost leak

A boost leak would be on the pressurized side (anywhere after the turbo outlet and up until the throttle body)
Also this if you are having a boost leak it would be post turbo not pre turbo.

FriggenT1

Banned
That little nipple is where the filter is so thats not unmeterd air as it hasnt passed the MAF yet. Its unfiltered but not un accounted for as it will continue the same path (as the air that entered the filter) to the maf.

Also this if you are having a boost leak it would be post turbo not pre turbo.

That's true, I wasn't thinking about that at all honestly

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
some other applications use it. most of our vehicles do not.

slowgti08

Ready to race!
I was thinking I had a boost leak . After checking the pipe I was hearing an air leak and when I checked the pcv hose wasn’t clicked on all the way. I assumed I had a boost leak as the car wasn’t as punchy ass it was low end anymore. After searching seems as though that happens with aftermarket intakes,The stock gives you more tq lower end and the after market lessens it but better for top end ?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
i mean maybe some torque down but i personally didnt feel less torque. It not like a intake should bog you down low. Do you have a boost gauge? If not PLEASE go buy one.

slowgti08

Ready to race!
i mean maybe some torque down but i personally didnt feel less torque. It not like a intake should bog you down low. Do you have a boost gauge? If not PLEASE go buy one.

That’s definitely on the list next. Car doesn’t feel as punchy as it did. I could gun it and no wheel spin at all. Feels like the car is holding back I’m going to have it looked at.

slowgti08

Ready to race!
So my mechanic found out the problem. When I would drive around 2600 rpm and 4K rpm the car would hesitate. It was apparently the kind of fuel being used causing it to retard time. I was using BP 93 which my mechanic stated to use Sunoco or shell. As of now he stated to run it down to E refill with the above fuel and use octane booster or fuel injector cleaner to get the trash gas out.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
So my mechanic found out the problem. When I would drive around 2600 rpm and 4K rpm the car would hesitate. It was apparently the kind of fuel being used causing it to retard time. I was using BP 93 which my mechanic stated to use Sunoco or shell. As of now he stated to run it down to E refill with the above fuel and use octane booster or fuel injector cleaner to get the trash gas out.

i only use shell or sunnoco

slowgti08

Ready to race!
Always assumed BP was good fuel guess not. Now I know better. While I was at it, also installed a GFB DV+ which actually helped in diagnosing the issue.