Thanks in advanced :)

Flamingti27

Ready to race!
CBFA engine. catless downpipe.

Were does the o2 sensor spacer go?

Do i need two spacers or only 1?

Thanks in advanced :)

Following

2013 GTI Wolfsburg edition 4 door DSG --> cts dogbone mount insert | custom nuespeed pflo cold air intake | rola roof rack | more to come....

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
All depends. My old 42dd downpipe only required 1 spacer right after the cat. When I had to replace the down pipe due to corrosion, my new one required 2 spacers. 1 pre-cat and 1 post cat. So you may need to put 2 on there, but you could just start with the 1 post cat (or in your case, where the cat should be).

It's a crap shoot. There are so many variables that can affect it, you just have to keep trying different combinations until you get it to work. My advice is if you don't have a VCDS cable, buy one or borrow one as forcing the readiness tests is much faster than driving around to see if your CEL pops.

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
All depends. My old 42dd downpipe only required 1 spacer right after the cat. When I had to replace the down pipe due to corrosion, my new one required 2 spacers. 1 pre-cat and 1 post cat. So you may need to put 2 on there, but you could just start with the 1 post cat (or in your case, where the cat should be).

It's a crap shoot. There are so many variables that can affect it, you just have to keep trying different combinations until you get it to work. My advice is if you don't have a VCDS cable, buy one or borrow one as forcing the readiness tests is much faster than driving around to see if your CEL pops.

I got my car inspected a few days ago in anticipation to next weeks k04 install so Ill have a year to fuck around with these 02 spacers. Ill see if i can get a VCDS for cheap somewhere. Thanks for the advice :)

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
I got my car inspected a few days ago in anticipation to next weeks k04 install so Ill have a year to fuck around with these 02 spacers. Ill see if i can get a VCDS for cheap somewhere. Thanks for the advice :)

Good idea.

Yeah, VCDS will save you a lot of time and aggravation by being able to set readiness within 10-15 minutes.

Good luck and enjoy the K04. Lot's of fun!

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
Good idea.

Yeah, VCDS will save you a lot of time and aggravation by being able to set readiness within 10-15 minutes.

Good luck and enjoy the K04. Lot's of fun!

they have VCDS kits on ebay for like 12$ but apparently you need a PC, I have a mac lol.

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
they have VCDS kits on ebay for like 12$ but apparently you need a PC, I have a mac lol.

I would only go for the real thing from Ross-Tech. I have a Mac as well but made it dual boot just for things like this. :)

Best bet is to find a buddy that has a Windows based laptop and a real VCDS cable. If you're installing the O2 spacer(s) in your own garage, you can just drive it around to make sure you don't throw a code. You'll have a year to figure it out.

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
I would only go for the real thing from Ross-Tech. I have a Mac as well but made it dual boot just for things like this. :)

Best bet is to find a buddy that has a Windows based laptop and a real VCDS cable. If you're installing the O2 spacer(s) in your own garage, you can just drive it around to make sure you don't throw a code. You'll have a year to figure it out.

the only person i know with VAGCOM is like 45min from me soo yeahh looks like ill be troubleshooting this on my own. just ordered 2 spacers.

pdan

Ready to race!
I just ran 1 spacer on the sensor furthest back before I got my tune. Granted I also have a catted downpipe. But it worked for me about 80% of the time I had it, only popped a code when I went WOT a few times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bmanc42

Passed Driver's Ed
I just installed a used cts turbo catted dp. I used 2 spacers. First one is similar to the bfi spacer I don't know who actually makes it in the middle 02 bung threaded half way in and facing front. Second looks like the vibrant j spacer with small jet in downstream bung fa ch ing front threaded all the way. This was the only way I have found so far to pass readiness. I'm on stock tune right now

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
I just installed a used cts turbo catted dp. I used 2 spacers. First one is similar to the bfi spacer I don't know who actually makes it in the middle 02 bung threaded half way in and facing front. Second looks like the vibrant j spacer with small jet in downstream bung fa ch ing front threaded all the way. This was the only way I have found so far to pass readiness. I'm on stock tune right now

good to know. everyone is different i guess.

bmanc42

Passed Driver's Ed
I spoke too soon. Just got p2096 and p2196 but no cat codes yet. I found a def leak between the mid and end pipe so hopefully thats the only place its leaking. Being that my downpipe was used im thinking flange might be bent as well. Will update this thread as I work on this.