GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Geting on the dyno today

nike11125

Passed Driver's Ed
Sometimes in the summer before i go to stage 2.:)

Ok nice are you going to dyno now with stage 1? And ya most likely me I'm allways on I-80 near Richmond/Oakland

fastgti69

M3 Eater
Not bad. I hit 229 whp and 262 wtq on dynojet with my APR stage 2 file Version 1.1 though, not the new 1.2.

Evan@APR

Banned
Too bad you didn't dyno it stock so you could actually see the improvement. Wheel dyno's are bad for comparing numbers because they vary so much from setup to setup.

Nice numbers regardless. :thumbsup:

Not to mention the ability to gain or lose upwards of 20whp depending on tire pressure or how tight the straps are. We use a hub dyno to eliminate these variables and keep things consistent.

Would love to have seen some stock figures to compare the gains to.

Sales@Unitronic

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Not to mention the ability to gain or lose upwards of 20whp depending on tire pressure or how tight the straps are. We use a hub dyno to eliminate these variables and keep things consistent.

Would love to have seen some stock figures to compare the gains to.

Not to mention that Hub Dyno is not wheel HP.

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
I'm bumping this semi-dusty thread, instead of starting a new one. I'm stage 2 with the mods in my sig, and I've got an appointment at MD Automotive in Westminster CA at noon tomorrow with their Dynojet Dyno. I'm going here because a well known auto-webzine dynoed their long term MK6 GTI there, so that 'kinda' gives me a baseline http://blogs.insideline.com/roadtests/2010/10/dyno-testing-the-2010-mazdaspeed-3-and-2010-volkswagen-gti.html.

My mods should put me near the 240whp mark, I hope. This dyno tomorrow will be my baseline to compare to, when I go K04 sometime later this year. Lots of stage 2 dynos out there, so maybe this is of interest to only me :)

Wish me luck, as in I hope I don't find out that I've been running with a boost leak the last 8 months!

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
I'm bumping this semi-dusty thread, instead of starting a new one. I'm stage 2 with the mods in my sig, and I've got an appointment at MD Automotive in Westminster CA at noon tomorrow with their Dynojet Dyno. I'm going here because a well known auto-webzine dynoed their long term MK6 GTI there, so that 'kinda' gives me a baseline http://blogs.insideline.com/roadtests/2010/10/dyno-testing-the-2010-mazdaspeed-3-and-2010-volkswagen-gti.html.

My mods should put me near the 240whp mark, I hope. This dyno tomorrow will be my baseline to compare to, when I go K04 sometime later this year. Lots of stage 2 dynos out there, so maybe this is of interest to only me :)

Welp. Expectations were met. I came in about where I expected. Temps were 75F, 50% humidity, my front tires were 38psi on the dot, 3 runs done back to back with about 20-30 secs in between. The numbers are SAE corrected and smoothed.

First run was best, and 3rd run worst, but the numbers are very consistent. Confirms 3 things for me: 1) I have no boost leak or soft codes related to fuel pressure :thumbsup: 2) even in relatively mild conditions, without adequate airflow, heat is a killer - I should've gone bigger on the intercooler :( On the freeway, with enough flow, not an issue; 3) Don't short shift, wring it out to near 7K for best performance in roll races!

After K04, I will wait for similar temps and dyno again at the same shop.

EDIT:
Forgot to mention: I'm on stock clutch, been APR stg 2 for, oh 8 mths or so. Will upgrade that soon, but maybe not before the K04... Some Work or Volk wheels may be in my future if things pan out...

My memory is shot. Forgot to mention I was running 91 oct/tune, V1.2.

Last edited:
P

plac

yup, those are pretty standard stage 2 numbers on a dynojet. nice numbers too.. dang on 91? REALLY nice numbers..

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
yup, those are pretty standard stage 2 numbers on a dynojet. nice numbers too..

Just nice to know my car's running ok :) Look forward to your OCD observations on the K04! Was following your late night install sesh, hope you get some shut-eye, and Plac Jr. is adorable :thumbsup:

P

plac

Just nice to know my car's running ok :) Look forward to your OCD observations on the K04! Was following your late night install sesh, hope you get some shut-eye, and Plac Jr. is adorable :thumbsup:

thanks, i feel and look like shit still. my eyes are all bloodshot. managed to get in an hour nap a short while ago, but still wrecked. my entire back is bruised from sliding around on that cement garage floor for 8 hours yesterday. plus i weigh 150 and all my bones stick out of my back.

ns01gti

Go Kart Champion
Really strong numbers. You must be happy.

As for your comment on the S3 fmic, it seems like it held up really well on your dyno pulls. When do you feel the heat soak, in traffic?

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
Really strong numbers. You must be happy.

As for your comment on the S3 fmic, it seems like it held up really well on your dyno pulls. When do you feel the heat soak, in traffic?

Exactly. Any kind of stop and go for more than a few miles and when challenged at a stop light I feel like popeye who hasn't had his spinach. A strapping dude, but nowhere near a superhero. Heatsoak FTL.