GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"Volkswagen has best total quality"

tmiw

Go Kart Champion
Strategic Vision just came out with their 2012 total quality awards: http://strategicvision.com/press_release.php?pr=43

In terms of Total Quality, Volkswagen Group of America is the leading corporation, followed by a tie between Ford Motor Company and Chrysler Group
Volkswagen Group of America's Total Quality strength centers on segment leaders like Golf, Eos, Tiguan, as well Audi segment leaders A4 and A8.

:thumbup:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I don't get that... at all. I think has something to do with expectations vs reality as opposed to actual quality.

CFG9000

Ready to race!
Cool to see VW and the Golf on top, but some of these selections seem questionable to me. The Volt is the best mid-sized car? I wonder how much GM paid for that.

Seeing the Eos winning the convertible category is odd, as well. That car's been allowed to stagnate with nothing really new aside from a nosejob since 2006.

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
Bull fn shit. Dodge and vw on a quality list? No.

Shini

Go Kart Champion
I see...so we're suppose to be one of those self hatin' forums...

I'm happy about the article, that's awesome. Another bullet point to my fiance why getting my GTI was better than the Camaro :p

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Keep in mind you only hear about the bad stuff on a car forum...our views tend to be skewed that way. VW has been on the way up in recent years. One of the only reasons I took a chance on this car really. Dodge has actually made huge strides since the bailout. There almost isn't a "bad car" anymore, there are just ones that you don't like much and a lot of that is based on prior experience or past reputations (ie. Kia/Hyundai) Honestly the only car I wouldn't touch is a Suzuki these days.

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
Last edited:

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
This doesn't have to do with reliability over time. Rather, it's "how many cars are shipped with defects." In that regard, I'm not surprised VW has the best quality control and that Americans aren't far behind. We pioneered quality control early 20th century.

Sent via TapaTalk, butchered by autocorrect

McQueen77

Banned
"The real message is that innovation is connected to perceptions of quality. If innovation is strong, especially such that customers can say they “love it,” when referring to the product, then perceptions of quality will be greatly (positively) influenced. Strategic Vision research has proven that those who recognize and acknowledge innovation (most new car buyers) will purchase, and not just be driven by counting problems."

this says it all. perceived quality is key here. if you love your car, you're going to say its quality. i love my car but am not going to pretend that some of the interior build is high quality, because it simply is not.. all in all, the car is high quality but come on.

Last edited:

Powling

Ready to race!
Definitely not, Steve. I wonder where they get their figures from.

They must have tested the "rattle/squeak free" models...if such a thing even exists.

McQueen77

Banned
They must have tested the "rattle/squeak free" models...if such a thing even exists.

x1000000

i wonder if having to have all the seals and channels on my driver's side door replaced at 9k miles due to insane wind noise over 50mph = quality too? maybe the plastic trim around the stereo that sounds like scrunching potato chip bags over bumps? quality? or the center arm rest and side of the seats that get very worn, very fast. how about the 25 page threads about putting tubing in your door seals to silence the seals rubbing against the metal because they were never assembled flush with the frame in the first place? or the felt tape that lines my doors to prevent these sounds? quality. maybe the fact that it is a 'common issue' that people's intake manifolds are getting replaced between 0 - 20k miles.. that a quality situation? just saying..

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
Its a fun car. Its way too tempermental though. For coils and such to go so early is unacceptable.