GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Common stage 2 issues

McFuzz

Go Kart Champion
I am in the same boat - going stage 2 within the next week or two. I have an SPM Turboback exhaust on the way, Wagner intercooler already waiting at the shop, and doing engine/transmission mounts (by 034)...

Have a penny or two set aside for new clutch but hopefully I to can be on of those who can put oodles of miles on stock clutch :D

Christian @ 034 said that based on his experience, 1 in 4 usually need a new clutch... so lets hope I can be the other 3 :D

Merkle

Banned
I'd set money aside for a clutch.

I had no coil pack issues but replaced mine as a preventative measure. Invest in a good pendulum mount to help keep the extra power in check.

#1 Issue: No grip in 1st, 2nd and part of 3rd. Tires Tires Tires ...

Did I mention tires?

dcpppf

Ready to race!
I am in the same boat - going stage 2 within the next week or two. I have an SPM Turboback exhaust on the way, Wagner intercooler already waiting at the shop, and doing engine/transmission mounts (by 034)...

Have a penny or two set aside for new clutch but hopefully I to can be on of those who can put oodles of miles on stock clutch :D

Christian @ 034 said that based on his experience, 1 in 4 usually need a new clutch... so lets hope I can be the other 3 :D

I like those odds! Can permanent damage be done if I stick with stock IC for a year or so? I haven't heard much about Wagners IC but I also haven't done much research yet.

SuPeR GTi

Go Kart Champion
depending on how you drive can determine clutch. if you baby it and drive less aggressive then when you had stock tune youll be fine. if you drive it like a stage 2 car youll need a clutch.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
I like those odds! Can permanent damage be done if I stick with stock IC for a year or so? I haven't heard much about Wagners IC but I also haven't done much research yet.

You can use the stock IC forever. Won't damage a thing.

Zonaglxy

Ready to race!
I had a coil pack fail but it was after I went K04. Carry a spare coil pack so you don't have to pay to have the car towed. For everything else just wait until you experience problems then replace it.

dcpppf

Ready to race!
You can use the stock IC forever. Won't damage a thing.

Was thinking this was the case, but I didn't want me being cheap up front to bite me in the ass.

dcpppf

Ready to race!
I had a coil pack fail but it was after I went K04. Carry a spare coil pack so you don't have to pay to have the car towed. For everything else just wait until you experience problems then replace it.

Ah, great thought. HS tuning sells the 4 packs with plugs at a discount so I assume I'll do that and just get it over with. Thanks for the idea though. Tow trucks in KC are pretty ridiculous.

kennega

Ready to race!
Woah. Are you utilizing stage 3 power!? Major props for staying on stock clutch for that long.

It's hard to drive like an idiot (speed-wise) in Boston most of the time. 35 MPGs with Stage 3 is good for my wallet :) Saves on speeding tickets and insurance too...

Brunkel

Go Kart Champion
It's hard to drive like an idiot (speed-wise) in Boston most of the time. 35 MPGs with Stage 3 is good for my wallet :) Saves on speeding tickets and insurance too...

That's good to know. I am not a crazy driver and don't like to push my cars, but definitely like having the power available for a few spirited drives here and there.