GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Revo Stage 2 vs. APR Stage 2

DBGTI11

Ready to race!
Just wondering.....why would you need to shift when you drive an automatic? Seems pretty stupid, only time I would shift is in 1st or 2nd when our cars have no traction. I don't understand why people need to shift once they are going faster. Was it a straight road or where you guys rally racing lol? Sorry not trying to sound like i'm insulting you or anything. I drive a dsg also.

Idk you ask op since he says he "shifted at 5200 rpm"

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
Okk keep thinking that and I know what an early shift is and how a steady pull is

Obviously you don't. Once you screw up, you can't gain that momentum back so yes you will start to pull.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
Video and no fat passengers.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
So the other day me and DBGTI11(Revo Stage 2) ran it off a 35 roll (I am APR Stage 2). We were both shifting at the same points and were both DSG, from about 40-75 I pulled him by 1 car. From 75-about 110 the distance between us (1 car) stayed the same, however I shifted into 5th at 5k RPM's and he started catching up but never passed me, at the end after the mis-shift i was still ahead by 1/2 a car.

Just thought i'd share what happened.
At the end of the day a tune is a tune is a tune. They are all about the same in my book.

Thanks,
Boostinmk6.

Why would you need to "shift" into 5th gear? You drive an automatic, you aren't in a fast and furious movie here it's just common sence when you shift early you lose momentum plus your dsg will automatically shift for you hence you drive an automatic. Just want to hear your answer for this and if you say it was an accident or mistake it will make you sound like a complete tool. So please have a legit reason please lol.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
by the time your shifting into 5th gear your already at easy 100+ mph.

is that the answer for shifting "early" if you are too scared to be driving 100+mph then don't race.

SFLFAST

Banned
no its not the answer, but with our cars there is no point in taking it past 110-120. If you arent manually shifting as dsg on roll races then that isnt a smart move at all.