GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official MK6 TDI Tunes Thread

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
How will a tune that increases hp and tq use less fuel?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Most tunes improve fuel economy when driven the same way. Tunes basically work by improving engine efficiency; so if you drive the car normally then it is running more efficient and therefore gets better economy.

Most people don't specifically see this result as they also have more power and drive it more aggressively; but the improvement is there if they want to.

gliitch

Ready to race!
Maybe after the dpf removal, but any gains otherwise would be so small they are not even measurable

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Maybe after the dpf removal, but any gains otherwise would be so small they are not even measurable

Again; not true. And proven not true by dozens of users if not more...

Gains are not huge, but they are measurable (1-2 mpg generally)

If your car averages 41 mpg for 2 years and 40-60K miles; then suddenly it is averaging 42.5mpg and the only difference you've made is adding a tune...

GoodysGotaCuda

Ready to race!
If your car averages 41 mpg for 2 years and 40-60K miles; then suddenly it is averaging 42.5mpg and the only difference you've made is adding a tune...

That works as long as the 42.5mpg is over a couple dozen tanks. Probably a pretty reasonable distribution over that 40-60k to make any solid assumptions over just a few tanks after a tune.

60k miles
41mpg
1,463 gallons
14.5 gallon tank
~100 tanks of fuel to determine that 41mpg average.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie