GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sea Foam?

The Alchemist

Ready to race!
So I tripped an engine code and it came up as cylinder 3 misfire. I changed the plugs and coil pack. Tripped the code again. Did a bit more research and it could be carbon build up. So has anyone used Sea foam or anything else to break up carbon build up? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

FriggenT1

Banned
Honestly, I'd use the crc stuff that you spray into the intake, it seemed to help my car a bit. Ultimately the carbon needs to be manually cleaned, but it doesn't hurt to use that for a short term to help.

The Alchemist

Ready to race!
Honestly, I'd use the crc stuff that you spray into the intake, it seemed to help my car a bit. Ultimately the carbon needs to be manually cleaned, but it doesn't hurt to use that for a short term to help.

So how would you manually clean it? Do you have to take the cylinder head off or is there an easier way?

Laimface

Ready to race!
So how would you manually clean it? Do you have to take the cylinder head off or is there an easier way?

You take the intake manifold off, Here's a video showing how to take it off and clean the ports:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Take it to a shop pay them the 400-600 for them to walnut blast clean it... enjoy your smooth running car, more power, and better mpg.

(the chemical bath doesnt work as good as the manual physical cleaning)