GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lou Maiuri's 2012 K04

mustache rash

Go Kart Champion
Yeah but with labor prices id rather do it myself. But I need a lifffffftttt

Don't need a lift for anything on that car besides the clutch. Lift for water meth, downpipe, k04.......nope not needed.

What's needed is a desire for DIY. I have ZERO respect for people who don't even try to work on thier car.

Give it a try.... You might even enjoy yourself or maybe learn something

myMK6fool

Ready to race!
Don't need a lift for anything on that car besides the clutch. Lift for water meth, downpipe, k04.......nope not needed.

You're telling me you can remove a dp with ~6 inches of space? You must be tiny. I'm 6'2" 195 and there is no way I can work under the car without it being lifted. I've watched a few videos of these installs and I don't see how it's possible (besides meth) to do this without lifting the car.

I'm not poking at you. I'm seriously concerned with this because I don't have the hardware to lift my car to install my TBE as much as I want to. Getting it installed would be a little more than buying the jack so I figure..why not. I'll buy a jack kit one day.

myMK6fool

Ready to race!
Jack and jack stands. I've done everything on the car that way. DIY FTW

Think you could do any of it WITHOUT the jack? Not to thread jack, but I'm curious if I could even attempt a TBE grounded.

A_Bowers

when I was doing my exhaust, I was quite nervous to be honest.. what a thrill! :laugh: It made work 3 times faster

I've beat on, pushed, pulled jostled jarred, bumped and banged on the car on jack stands. Its not coming off unless they aren't centered.

I've beat on, pushed, pulled jostled jarred, bumped and banged on the car on jack stands. Its not coming off unless they aren't centered.

rs999

Go Kart Champion
It is flawless. 14k miles.

Clutch Masters Fx 350
CTS k04
APR Software
Devils Own Water Methanol
SPM intercooler
APR downpipe
Magnaflow Exhaust
P flo Intake

Then negotiate with them about k04. K04 hurts the price in a trade to a dealer. They don't want aftermarket cars, it is a small niche.

Does the car have it's methanol tank filled? What happens or how does it run with no meth?

Lou Maiuri

Banned
Bowers is correct. Car will run fine without meth, but the meth keeps temps 10 degrees below ambient usually.