GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Red Stripe Removed!

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
Only the upper part of the strips... I feel this when I saw a Mk7 GTI from the internet, looks cool with only one red strip... so removed my to see what's what.. looks good to me...:w00t:
now I got 2 extra red strip, I want to put it under the headlights, and connect to the original one to make it longer, like the mk7. what do you think?

Discuss.

Last edited:

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
extended it to the headlights will look tacky. i personally like it all off or leave it stock..but if you like the single stripe on the bottom leave it be

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
extended it to the headlights will look tacky. i personally like it all off or leave it stock..but if you like the single stripe on the bottom leave it be

Yea I saw people around the forum mainly just removed all of them, but I guess I want to do something special?... Maybe a cheap way to look like mk7... lol :bellyroll:

joeeee

Ready to race!
i took mine off and sprayed them with plasti dip black.

i removed the black on the VW logo cause i didnt do such a good job peeling excess. lol but GTI is black too

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
OP, so you just popped it out?

i was thinking about getting black pinstripe and going over it.
Yup, just pop it out from the back when you remove the grill, it actually took me 2 hours to finish the job. I first thought I need to disassemble the whole grill(gloss black and the black plastic) to remove the red strip, but I gave up and use a tiny flathead screwdriver to push and down the red strip clips. and they are off, but you will do a little tiny damage the the strip and the grill.
Nothing noticeable, so no big deal~

EMaster24

Ready to race!
yea I agree, I think I will just paint the 2 red stripe with plasti dip black and put it back on? :yikes:

I think this looks better than just taking it off. as far as trying to tack it to the headlight.... well it would be unique, that's for sure

DDKing13

Ready to race!
Doesn't look bad to me.
To each his own. If you like it, then more power to you.
You're certainly the first one i've seen do this, so its original, as well.

mcgti6

Ready to race!
WetMoney,

you have to pop them out very carefully to not break any of the clips. It does give a lil bend so you can work it out one by one. I'd use plastic tools, NOT metal.

I painted mine chrome on top of 2 coats of plastidip incase I want to turn back to red later. I'll post pics of it later, but I haven't seen anyone else where I am with it. Only one friend I know of in Tampa who does. Was thinking of changing it to something NEON when I'm not feeling lazy haha